Lines have already started-London

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SR45, Mar 11, 2012.

1. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. Kendo macrumors 68000

How does this work? Do they literally sit there for a week and take bathroom breaks and sleep out there?

I can't even imagine the amount of money I would lose by not working an entire week. Or the amount of precious vacation days that would be wasted if I took off for a week.

In fact, I'm doing more hours at my company right now getting overtime pay so that I can help pay for my iPad.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Not really. Just a couple of publicity whores with no job.

5. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Too funny! The early bird gets the worm in London! I thought people would camp out, but a week before is crazy. He he

6. Richard Peters macrumors regular

Richard Peters

The trouble is, they'll probably start people off panic queuing now :rolleyes:

7. Geekulous macrumors member

Love the pic!

They seem pretty young, maybe they're on spring break? Or they just don't have any other responsibilities to tend to. Oh to be young and without a lif- er responsibilities? :)

8. wodeh macrumors regular

Wait... what?

How can they be that young and not have heard of the internet? You can order online now... get your iPad on the day of launch... and... not... have... I don't even...

This transcends facepalm.

9. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

How do you keep your electronic gadgets charged during this time?

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I agree. Triple is the highest I've got. This needs like the entire population of Connecticut to come out one day and face palm for a nice satellite pic...

11. Geekulous macrumors member

Haha yeah it's pretty unbelievable but launch day at an Apple store is actually pretty fun. I had pre-ordered my iPhone 4 for pick up in store and lined up around 3 am with everyone else just for the experience of spending time with all the other die hard Apple geeks (granted I was on spring break and had nothing else to do). We were given Starbucks, SmartWater and doughnuts (I heard they gave people Chipotle if they were in line around lunch time). It really is an event. Would I wait in line for A WEEK to experience that? HELL NO! But if you haven't been to an Apple product launch and you have time, you should check it out.

And yes, I do wonder if these guys pre-ordered or are truly taking the risk and trying to get one in store.

----------

I'm sure the nice people at the Apple store let them in when the store is open. :) Or maybe they plug in their phone while they're taking their daily "sink" shower at the nearest McDonald's bathroom. Ugh the more I think about this the more disturbing it is...

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

I can get ya to four...

[​IMG]

13. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

LOL! Thanks!

14. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

15. Rennir macrumors 6502

Now all we need is a guy with a Samsung Note to walk up to them :D

16. wsc9005 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPad (1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen) : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeh, a samsung tablet would
    Be quiet a sight.

17. matttye macrumors 601

How can these guys afford iPads? They clearly don't have jobs if they can just sit around outside a store for a week!

18. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

I'm in London and I just ordered mine online, its now on its way. If they were that serious about wanting it they'd have ordered it ASAP. They just appear to have too much time on their hands, or really love the fun fun experience of camping outside a store.

19. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I understand and it's cool. I like xp too! It will be one hell of an experience for sure! I hope they are save at night!

20. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

This doesn't make any sense! Haven't they seen those Samsung commercials!

21. rgr555 macrumors 6502

Lines? Gimme a break. It's two silly friends hoping to make a scene.

Funny though.

22. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

I think it says it all that one of them has a Battlefield 3 hoody and the other a Monster hoody. These two guys need to get some jobs and lifes lol.

23. Anlino macrumors member

Not sure whether this is sad or funny. Probably a bit of both.

24. wodeh macrumors regular

Must agree with you there. Drinks, food, likeminded fans and even a song-and-dance number from the Apple Store employees. It's more than just humdrum queuing for sure.

I queued for a day to get the iPad 2, and it was an interesting experience but I couldn't fathom camping out for days!

I might drop by the local store if my iPad 3 turns up in good time. Will be interesting to see if anything's going on.