Lining up for iPhone SE Thursday Morning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rneglia, Mar 29, 2016.

1. rneglia macrumors 6502

rneglia

I am planning to get in line early Thursday morning to trade in my iPhone 6 for an iPhone SE.

Will I get $250 towards the purchase of a sim-free SE?

What time will the stores in New York open? (I think the 5th Avenue store is 24/7).

2. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I thought the SE wasn't part of the trade in program? I may have misheard though..

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

The instant credit for your exiting iPhone 6 will depend on it's condition but you should expect the instant credit of $250 at time of purchase. Note: that may not be the most that you could receive from other options.

I have not seen the updated store hours for Thursday posted, but they don't have any customer classes scheduled for Thursday, so that should free up everyone to help with the iPhone SE sales. :cool:;)

Dave
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2016 ---
    It is covered. See the details at http://www.apple.com/iphone/trade-in/

You may have been thinking of the "iPhone Upgrade Program".

4. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Yeah maybe that was it.

5. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

I very much doubt there will be a line at all.

6. tedson macrumors regular

My local Apple store is opening at its normal time. 10am.

Plan on showing up about 9am. If there is much of a line I will wait in line, otherwise i'll go grab some breakfast and come back at 10am.

I will be trading up from an 4s for an SE. I hope they have a good in-store selection of models to choose from.

7. azt33 macrumors member

I plan on dropping by the Zurich Apple Store early Thursday morning - hopefully there won't be much of a line :) They open at 9AM, BTW.

8. turbineseaplane, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Let's just hope they actually have a lot of 64gb stock and aren't being silly.
    Some will opt for the 16gb just on price, but I sure hope they have about 70/30 stock in favor of the 64gb models.

Honestly, I wish they would have just made the 64gb model @ $499 and called it good.

I did a pre-order for my 64gb Silver, but I don't think it will ship until next week and thus I'll be trying to snag one in store myself. Luckily I'm not going w/ Black this time around and that always seems to be the singularly most popular (i.e. sell out in store on launch day) model.

9. aneftp macrumors 68040

If they made a 4gb iPhone 5SE for $349, 16g. 5SE for $399 and 64gb iPhone 5SE for $499.

The $349 model would still be the best selling model.

Just the way the average public sees things. They always go for the lowest price smartphone product (assuming the hardware is the exact same in terms of processor, ram, camera).

10. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Agree.
    Precisely why I wish they'd just make one model of the SE.

So so past time that they get away from 16gb base as it has lasting repercussions for usage and iOS devs for years. Just spent the weekend with 2 family members who have 16gb models that are totally maxed and they are at a loss as to what to do. I don't blame them for assuming Apple wouldn't be selling new flagship phones with such little storage in 2016. All they did was use them as normal Mom's/Grandma's and extremely quickly they were totally at capacity. (they are both on 6s models)

11. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Well - My delivery date slipped from April 1st to "April 5th-8th" with no warning this afternoon.

Major bummer. I guess my bad omen earlier that "it probably won't ship until next week" turned out to be true! :-(

Now I absolutely will be at the store on 3/31 as I would be out of town when it's now slated to arrive.

I wonder what happened?
    Anyone else have their date drastically change like this today?

12. kerrikins macrumors 65816

That's odd. Mine is still set for 03.31 - 04.04, but I'm in Canada.

13. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Does anyone know if the option to "pick up in store" will be selectable if you do on order on 3/31 itself?

(like at 12:30am that day or something?)

I literally refuse to stand in iPhone lines anymore.
    The hype is years past gone for me and I'm too old for that nowadays.

I personally wish they would *heavily* favor online orders and have ample stock for that channel for pre-orders...

14. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

15. Ternary macrumors regular

Really crossing my fingers for a reservation option tomorrow. I heard from someone here that reservations begin at 6am and that Apple doesn't expect people camping out. Can anyone verify this?

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Agreed. Outside this forum, it doesn't have the typical buzz and hype that regular iPhone launches have..

17. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

We forget that it is US that is not normal :eek:

18. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

That is very true. We make up the extreme minority here. Point n case: ram! Literally no one outside this forum gives a flying monkey how much ram their current and next iPhone has.

19. rneglia thread starter macrumors 6502

rneglia

I just went to the Apple Store to ask about what time to line up tomorrow morning. It seems like they're not expecting the typical massive crowds, so I'm just going to get there a few mins before opening time.

20. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I'd be VERY surprised if there's any sort of a line for this phone whatsoever. Most of the world has moved on to bigger phones. This phone will appeal for a very limited set of the overall population.

21. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Plus most people in America at least are on a yearly or bi-yearly upgrade schedule.

22. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

I hope you're right

23. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

This is more like a soft launch and not like the iPhone 7 is coming out today. It will be busy at the stores but not bad enough to have lines. I would go today if you can as Saturday always adds more traffic.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---
    This is more like a soft launch and not like the iPhone 7 is coming out today. It will be busy at the stores but not bad enough to have lines. I would go today if you can as Saturday always adds more traffic.

24. Savor Suspended

Savor

Yup.

This is more of a device catered to what is now becoming a niche crowd which was still mainstream about a few years before the bigger Androids and the iPhone 6 series took over the world. Nothing to really get excited about something that looks 3-4 years old with many half a year old components. Even I am not dying to get in line for one when I know this is nomore than a secondary device for me.

I also expect alot of returns and buyer's remorse where most people who thought they wanted a smaller phone realize they don't want it anymore and can't go anything below "4.7-"5.5 after being accustomed to the bigger displays after a few years. The resale value should be quite low for this budget iPhone. Lowest retail prices and plenty of returns equals the poorest resale value since the iPhone 5c even though it is superior to the iPhone 6/6 Plus in alot of ways. Before iPhone 7 is released within six months, expect many used but excellent conditioned 16gb SE going for as little as $250 on Craigslist.

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Tbh, I'm thinking that the SE isn't going to generate much of a line, though I've been wrong before.