Link Bracelet preparing for shipment!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Southernboyj, May 5, 2015.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

They exist!

Attached Files:

2. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

This pisses me off as someone who woke up and ordered the watch + link bracelet at 3:01 am

3. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I ordered at the same time.

4. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Yes, but I'm a little bitter that they're shipping the standalone bands first. But congrats on your part.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Doubtful of little consolation, but the watches themselves may also be a rate-limiting step.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Nonetheless, this makes me optimistic that we'll see movement on the Space Black Link Bracelets soon.

7. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

In the midst of the preordering at 3am. I made a split decision. I was gonna order the 38mm link watch and add a black sport band separate. But when I saw the watch shipped in 4-6 weeks but the SS BSB shipped April 24th, I decided to reserve and get the sport band SS watch on 24th and add the band separate. Looks like it paid off.

8. gecko20 macrumors regular

Depends what are your priorities:
    I don't want the watch before the others, I want the model I find the most adapted for me, so the wait is ok :)

9. dannyyankou, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015

dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I would've done the same but that Space Black though...

10. dward85 macrumors member

i am 100% in agreement with you. seems like absolute bullbird that apple would ship standalone bracelets before the full watch. i also ordered at 3am EST.

11. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Well I didn't actually compromise. I wanted a 38mm stainless steel watch and link. But I also wanted a black sport band for when I go running.

I'm basically getting all 3, I just got my watch a few weeks earlier this way. :p

12. gecko20 macrumors regular

Yeah, the dark side of the force was to strong for me too :D:cool:

13. ct1211 macrumors 6502

Apple is charging $460.00 for a stainless steel watch band? Does to do anything special besides being a watch band? Anti scratch material, anything?

14. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

For a high quality link bracelet, it's a bargain.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I dispute that because the other SS models are readily available and the case is exactly the same.

16. KPOM macrumors G5

I also ordered the link band separately (on 4/10) and just saw the charge go through a few minutes ago, as well. It is odd that Apple is shipping out the bands before the watches with the link band, but the shipping estimate was always shorter for the link band than the watch with link band, for some reason.

I ordered the Milanese Loop band on 4/11. It had a shipping window 1 day different from the link band, so hopefully I'll get an update tomorrow on that one.

17. H3rman macrumors 6502

It shines when the light hits it? :p

18. seamor0512 macrumors member

you can remove links without taking the 30 seconds to punch out a pin, worth at least $200 right there ;)

19. Bob Banjo macrumors newbie

When orders went live shipping for the watch plus steel link was 4 - 6 weeks. Shipping for the steel links on their own was 2 - 4 weeks. If you're honestly getting upset that something that Apple said was going to ship sooner is shipping sooner then you're an idiot.

20. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I ordered my 42mm link bracelet (accessory to my watch order) at :16 and it just went to "preparing for shipment" today.

21. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

But the link bracelet itself was what was causing the delays for the watch that came with it in the first place. You would think that as soon as the link bracelets were ready, they would ship them with the watches instead of shipping standalone ones first, especially since people are spending $1000+ on them.

22. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

No offense to you, but this is what I don't get.

They are shipping your accessory link bracelet before using those bracelets to assemble the whole Watch models ordered by people at :01-:15, which seems extremely unfair.

23. Bob Banjo macrumors newbie

Apple made it completely clear from the second that orders went live which one they'd be shipping first.

24. KPOM macrumors G5

But people who bought the link band separately already bought a Watch, as well, so they could actually be spending more.

25. dward85 macrumors member

right i'm an idiot. you nailed it. meanwhile people who spent twice as much on the full watch are still waiting for even the smallest update. totally fair that those who just ordered the band are getting theirs first. you're completely right.