Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Got my link bracelet today here in Germany.

The packaging is a bit more extravagant than the one from the other bands.
Was hoping to get the cleaning cloth which comes with the watch with attached link bracelet but thats no big deal. ;)
Overall I am totally satisfied with the bracelet :D

*Sniff* Gawd that's beautiful!! :)

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK

Was hoping to get the cleaning cloth which comes with the watch with attached link bracelet but thats no big deal. ;)

Thanks for sharing - looks beautiful! Good to see it comes with a nice case to store it in - another benefit of ordering the link bracelet separately!

I wish I had kept my April 10th 8:03BST link bracelet order now rather than cancelling it a couple of days later. Anyway, I re-ordered the link bracelet a couple of days ago - still showing ships: May.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Those that have received their link band - could you measure the last few links before the clasp and see if they're the same width or if they taper?

Wondering if the links can be traded/sold/purchased for people that need them.

Thanks!

Edit - scratch that - appears there's already a video showing that the expansion links are interchangeable.

So, maybe there will be a market for those links for larger-wristed folks. :)

And here Wildhill confirmed it for us! :)

Yes no problem!

All of the links are the same. I can swop them around and the actual clip mechanism on each one is a work of engineering art. I've got medium side wrists and I removed 5 links. Fit perfect and has made a big difference over the effort needed to push the digital crown!

Hope this helps anyone who's interested!

Last edited:

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Mine Link Bracelet was just delivered. It's beautiful but in my opinion not worth $450. Guess I'll take a few days to decide before sending it back.

wis*key

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
Bermuda Run, NC
I received mine today as well. I couldn't be happier with the look and feel of it.

Attachments

• IMG_4797.jpg
    IMG_4797.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 201

wileycoyote

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Love it, much more natural than the SB SS Link. I originally ordered both but cancelled the SB SS AW because I couldn't stand the glossy SB mixed with the brushed band. I actually didn't care for the glossy SB SS much at all after trying it on, the glossy black looked like plastic to me. Wish they'd gone with a less glossy version of the SB, would have bought it in a heart beat.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
The link does look nice. Hmm... Not sure if I want this or the Milanese now. How's the weight of the link? Is it an all day band?

wileycoyote

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
It's very light for a link. This combo weighs about as much as my titanium Tag w/ a rubber band and deployment clasp. Not as comfortable as rubber, but in no way is it uncomfortable (and no arm hairs pulled yet!).

I was actually a bit disappointed with the weight when I tried it on originally, but after wearing it all day I think it strikes a good balance of comfort and substance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Buyer's Remorse?

So I received my 38mm Link Bracelet. It is just as stunning as everyone said. Took about 3 minutes to remove 6 links and get it fitted (150mm wrist). I love how it looks. But...

Granted, I only have had it a few hours, but I don't love how it feels. It does tug a little bit at arm hairs (I'm pretty hairy), and I think I have just gotten used to the pliability of the BSB. For the last 2 weeks, I have almost forgotten the watch is on my wrist during the day. This one doesn't feel that way - I am constantly aware of it, in a naggy kind of way. I am seriously thinking about returning it or maybe putting up a feeler in the Marketplace. Will give it a few more days and see.

Again, I agree with everyone - it is gorgeous, impeccably manufactured, and a very high end bracelet. But at $500, I really have to love it, and I am not sure I do...

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
I would just say - those that may not keep their bands - maybe look at selling them in the marketplace forum here, rather than sending them back?

Apple won't be able to resell them as new - why not look at reducing the wait time of some of the other community members here?

Just a suggestion. Hope you enjoy your bands!! :)

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
It does tug a little bit at arm hairs (I'm pretty hairy), and I think I have just gotten used to the pliability of the BSB. For the last 2 weeks, I have almost forgotten the watch is on my wrist during the day. This one doesn't feel that way - I am constantly aware of it, in a naggy kind of way. I am seriously thinking about returning it or maybe putting up a feeler in the Marketplace. Will give it a few more days and see.

I'm sure there's an adjustment period. That said, what you describe is what I'm afraid might happen if I were to get one of these. I'm pretty hairy myself, and really can't abide by things that pinch my hairs. It seems silly to pay 10 times as much for something that's not as comfortable as the sport band I already have.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
But why ship a standalone accessory before the watch that comes with it? It doesn't make any sense, whether they announced it beforehand or not.

Agree 100%

sucks if you were like me and waited up until 3am. I bough the ss watch with the link band and a spare white sports band. I have neither yet.

:mad:

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
More pictures please :) Waiting for my band, too. The sport band just does not fit it for me on my SS. Coming from a Rolex Explorer 2 I hope this will make the difference in look and feel.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
I would just say - those that may not keep their bands - maybe look at selling them in the marketplace forum here, rather than sending them back?

Apple won't be able to resell them as new - why not look at reducing the wait time of some of the other community members here?

Just a suggestion. Hope you enjoy your bands!! :)

That's what I was thinking - I haven't decided, but I set up a feeler over there, because I'd rather sell to a member here than return to Apple.

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Have any more link bracelets shipped?

Did last week's wave of deliveries include all those ordered on 10th April?

My 6th May order (UK) is still Processing Items, Dispatched: May

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Ordered one for a 42mm on 5/13, ships in May. Needless to say, still processing.

Last edited:

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
My May 6th UK order was originally just 'May' but updated earlier today to:

Dispatched: 1-2 weeks
Delivery: 22 May, 2015 - 29 May, 2015 by Standard Shipping

I wonder if they will be dispatched and trackable from China? (I think the first batch of bracelet only orders shipped from China didn't they?)

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
So I received my 38mm Link Bracelet. It is just as stunning as everyone said. Took about 3 minutes to remove 6 links and get it fitted (150mm wrist). I love how it looks. But...

Granted, I only have had it a few hours, but I don't love how it feels. It does tug a little bit at arm hairs (I'm pretty hairy), and I think I have just gotten used to the pliability of the BSB. For the last 2 weeks, I have almost forgotten the watch is on my wrist during the day. This one doesn't feel that way - I am constantly aware of it, in a naggy kind of way. I am seriously thinking about returning it or maybe putting up a feeler in the Marketplace. Will give it a few more days and see.

Again, I agree with everyone - it is gorgeous, impeccably manufactured, and a very high end bracelet. But at $500, I really have to love it, and I am not sure I do...
That's how I felt about my milanese loop but now I don't even notice it and no arm hairs are pulling any more.

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA

Even the case is gorgeous :) I am in love.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Credit card just got charged. Generally shipping notices follow 24 hrs. later.

Guess it'll be early in it's May 22-June 1 ship window!

I ordered the band on 4/26, for what it's worth...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.