Links not loading properly ( All Question Marks ).

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by The Californian, Sep 29, 2009.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but once every couple of weeks the forums will load like this for me:
    [​IMG]

It'll last like this for a few hours then usually go back to normal. If I load any other website they load fine.

As a matter of fact, I just loaded the MR Homepage and got this:
    [​IMG]

As already stated, every other site I visit is fine.

It doesn't bother me much as I can still access what I want, but I thought I would share regardless.

2. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I think it's a sign that one or more MacRumors servers OR your connection to MacRumors is having throughput problems. The usual sign of this is that the symptoms appear and disappear instead of behaving consistently. For example, if we happen to get a lot of traffic during a short amount of time, some requests for images may get lost.

As long as these incidents are few and far between -- and brief -- patience is usually all that's necessary. If it happens over a prolonged period however, we appreciate hearing from users.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It's been happening to me too. At time the MR server doesn't connect. I have this happened at work and at home. Also, at times the whole forums are slow to load.

5. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

I guess MacRumors is just getting too big for it's shoes ... so to say.

6. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I have been having problems getting the page to start loading, and once it starts it loads fast and fully. It's just the forums that do it.