Lion 10.7.3 Update Survey - How did it go for you?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by iFanboy, Feb 5, 2012.

?

How did the 10.7.3 update go for you?

1. I installed the delta update and have had no problems

112 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. I installed the delta update and it caused one or more of the reported problems

19 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. I installed the combo update and have had no problems

61 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. I installed the combo update and it caused one or more of the reported problems

8 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. I have not yet updated

20 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. iFanboy Guest

I have been reading more and more stories of the Lion 10.7.3 update causing serious problems.

Reports claim the problems are widespread. How did it go for you?

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

3. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

Updated all three of my macs (2011 MBP, MBA, and iMac) no problems here so far. :)

4. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

5. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

did not have any seen problems with the update after it installed on my macbook pro but when i tried to transfer some videos i had ripped with my macbookpro over my network to my mac mini then all hell broke loose 5 gig file transfer said it would take 2 hours were before 10 minutes or faster was norm and when the time machine backup hit the machine slowed to a crawl so i say thats my problem and i still have the time machine to time capsule bug were sometimes it looses track of the sparse bundle for the backups

6. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

7. bthrel macrumors newbie

2011 MBA and 2011 27" iMAC, no issues on either (thankfully)

Brian

8. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

9. jasonvp macrumors 6502a

jasonvp

I did the delta update on my MBP, and the combo on the Mac Pro at home and the one in the office. No problems with either of the 3.

jas

10. skipchou macrumors newbie

installed delta, no problem.
    overwrite it with combo, no problem.
    but Lion still has annoying bugs not fixed in this update.

11. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Installed combo on 2011 Mac Mini, a few programs started a lot slower. Back to 10.7.2 for now.

12. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I always wait a week before applying any update. Let the Apple lemmings cross that rickety bridge first. :)

Good thing too... software update insisted I install the delta but after reading all the crap here I held off until Apple pulled it.

13. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I installed the Delta update, and got the graphical glitches that were widely reported. I then installed the Combo update and they were immediately resolved.

jW

14. 50voltphantom macrumors regular

50voltphantom

No issues here. Running better if anything. See machine specs in sig. :)

15. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Installed delta upgrade on 4 Macs, no problems.

16. Shrink, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

MBP 15" Early 2011

Download: 41/2 - 5 minutes

Install: ~ 8 minutes

No problems at all since download.

No dropped apps and no wifi slowdown - same speeds and stability since downloads.

Yet :D

Edit: Problems did arise - spinning beach ball of death, somewhat slowed wifi connection, slowed loading, and others. Downloaded the combo, and all is well....... for now.

17. aldo818 macrumors regular

Mid 2011 ultimate Air

Since i installed the update when i wake it up or re boot the CPU gets very hot and the Fan start blowing very strong. Never had this before.

Other then that all seems to work as usual.

18. szolr macrumors 6502

Snap.

I didn't even know there were issues with it until reading through the news. :eek:

19. glasserp macrumors regular

I've had major issues with 10.7.3 server and actually just posted in Mac OS X Server sub-forum (I thought it was more appropriate). I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any advice as what I should do next.Thank you!

Here is a link to my post: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1319990

20. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Since I publish an app, I always grab updates as quickly as possible to make sure my app still works. I have no interest in installing the betas though I really should find the time to set up a Virtualbox so I can test them when they first come out rather than downloading them when everyone else is trying to get them.

I read some horror stories about 10.7.3 and hesitated but decided to give it a try. Mine weighed in at under 800 MB so I'm sure it wasn't the combo update which would have been closer to 1.3 Gig. Unfortunately, I didn't grab any extra copies of the update and now I've got the rest of the Macs in the house to do at 1.3 Gig each as the combo update has been withdrawn. While I understand Apple's decision to pull the update, it was pleasantly uneventful for me. I guess I'll wait a few weeks and see if the smaller update comes back before updating our other Macs.

21. chezhoy macrumors regular

chezhoy

2008 Aluminum (13 in) MacBook, no problems. After I loaded it, I made sure all programs I have I updated (Growl, DivX, Silverlight to name a few). I uninstalled Office for Mac 2008 because it won't update...ever! I am going to get 2011 eventually (Home Use Program, great benefit for military). My MacBook seems faster and more responsive.

22. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I'd like to remind everyone that the results here are going to be skewed somewhat towards people with problems. People who are having no problems with Lion are not likely to be reading this forum at all right now.

This is always the case; reading these forums you might think Lion is the most unreliable crappy OS in the world, when the truth is this sort of forum concentrates the users who tend to have problems, since they come here seeking help.

I haven't had any issues with Lion; my reason for being here is that I'm just a geek who likes to read about issues people have with OS X. ;)

23. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Applying the combo update to all three of my Macs went smoothly. No new problems to report. The 10.7.3 update did fix one of the issues I was having though.

24. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

It does not seem so. Even the poll is showing very little problems with the update. Just seems any problems reported with Apple the haters jump in on the bandwagon when its not that much of a wide spread problem.