Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

ntoxicated

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've noticed a lot of this going on from one Dev Preview to the next. Tap & Drag is now gone. I really hope it's put back!

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Go to System Prefs > Universal Access and you can enable it there. This has been like this for the past build too.

wolfneuralnet

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
Double-tap to select

I must be missing something easy -- I know the double-click to drag is gone, but what happened to the double click to select text?

I seriously don't know how to select text now with the tap feature on. Sad.

Edit: Oh, I get it -- three fingers is now select as well. We'll see whether I get used to this!

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
Go to System Prefs > Universal Access and you can enable it there. This has been like this for the past build too.

Thanks!

I find this a lot easier. Thought it had been removed when I saw no option in the trackpad preferences. It really should be added back in there, I am guessing that a lot of people will miss that feature & think they can't get it back.

andreten

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
While that is gone, you can always use multitouch, with the 3-finger drag.

3-figer dragging is great and all, but how do you use quick navigations? Example; 3-fingers forward and back to quickly navigate in all apps.

Alveezy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Hawaii
haha! i just posted about this on another thread...totally didn't know there was a thread about it. anyways...it's really uncomfortable to three-finger drag and highlight things. especially if you have big hands and your using a MBP or MBA. might as well get an external TrackPad hahaha!

hekokimushi

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
i did a clean install, thought it was all gone.

but when i re-migrate all the settings from my SL. tap and drag re-appeared. joy :) how and what to trigger it on a fresh install without migration?? no idea. anyone enlighten me the steps please.

Aquatic

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
Marin County, California

Thank you very very much! While I could have gotten used to the three-finger drag, I didn't want to give up browser gestures for forward/back, which require three fingers on anything except Safari. I kept trying different configs of 2 or three fingers or both, but nothing gave me all the control I wanted. Now I have it again!

I'm already used to the "Natural Scrolling"... I just pretend it's a big iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.