Lion install rant (installing in my mac pro)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by philipma1957, Oct 31, 2011.

1. philipma1957, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011

philipma1957 macrumors 603

Apr 13, 2010
    Howell, New Jersey
    Okay I purchased lion on the app store for the mac pro. 4 hours into the speedy install via my great cablevision optimum online. I have 3.42Gb down and 1.5 gb to go. So it will be a six hour install.

I have a clone and could have used it but I wanted a fresh empty install.

Just too long my net service is 15mb down and 2 mb up so this speed issue is most likely apples not cablevision. At no time did I get higher then 400kb A real P.i.t.a.

I have been a big apple fan for a long time but the move to mobile and iCloud does not fit my needs oh well.

P.s. lion really suuuuucks

thanks for the minus. this post was at 10:50 it is now 11:28 so 4 hours and 40 minutes to down load yeahhhh!
  2. digitalhen macrumors regular

Jan 10, 2006
    Have you changed your DNS settings on your router? It's possible that you're getting redirected to a Akamai node away from your ISP, hence the slow downloads.

(It's not downloading directly from Apple)
  3. Schismz macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2010
    It's really not that awful. Its another iteration of OS/X with more bling! than before. The new Mail is nice, lotsa stuff is subtly improved, just take your favorite mind-altering substance of choice and play with it for a while. Make friends. Give it a great big hug :cool: It loves you and wants you to be happy forever.
  4. philipma1957, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

philipma1957 thread starter macrumors 603

Apr 13, 2010
    Howell, New Jersey
    I gave you a plus because I am going to commit to lion. As an old weatherman once said

"if rape is inevitable you may as well relax and enjoy it." A bonus gift to the first poster that remembers the man's name. (of course it would be a man with that quote"

I sold the mac pro on ebay made it triple boot lion snow and windows.

My order of os is
    2-windows 7

I could get into lion more if I get a touch pad and learn the gestures.

Right now I have to setup a second mac mini server it will run with a promise pegasus.

so far I am liking the size and power usage of mac mini server/ promise pegasus/external dvd player.