Lion is FANTASTIC

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ShootingStars, Jul 24, 2011.

1. ShootingStars macrumors member

All you haters who are still on SL should switch. Oh wait that doesn't even matter, you are still using an Apple product anyways. :cool:

Mission control is awesome.

2. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Aye! The more I use it and other features of Lion the more I like Lion.

Definitely on it's way to becoming a truly great O/S!

3. kyle1320 macrumors regular

kyle1320

I agree. At first, I didn't really get why they did most of what they did, but now as I use it all more and I am really getting used to it all, I like it. I still don't much use Launchpad though, but I have a shortcut to my Applications folder on my dock, which is pretty much the same. I might try to get used to Launchpad sometime though.

4. basher macrumors 6502

basher

I spent about an hour two days ago organizing my apps in Launchpad. As I organized things I was thinking, "here's a feature I'll rarely use." As it turns out I'm using it quite a lot.

It's still hard not to use spotlight searches, but for one thing with Launchpad I have less icons docked to my dock.

5. Jeordeon macrumors newbie

Nice to see some non-hating threads about Lion. :apple:

I love it. It took some time to get used to Mission Control replacing Spaces and Expose, but now I love it - particularly because of its synchronization (is that the right word?) with full screen apps. I also love how folders resize in the finder window when being dragged. So Apple

6. biggy52 macrumors regular

Same here,

Unlike other members who have had problems with their Lion, ive not yet come across any.

I never used spaces in SnowLeopard, but with Lion it feels like it is a really handy feature. (mission control).

After the Spotlight indexing, my machine has been very very smooth and reboots almost the same time as SL.

7. jkcmac macrumors newbie

Greeting to all,

I'm a new macbook pro user for just a few days. Before upgraded to Lion I have already adapt to SL feature but now running on Lion it is so much fun to learn again. Love the feature, gesture and all the additional features.

Apple has really impress me all over again. :)

8. Lykos1986 macrumors member

No it is NOT fantastic! Probably is going to be in the next updates... 10.7.2 maybe...

It is full of bugs! From the basic Apps to the core of the operating system! Sometimes I fell that the current version of Lion it is not even a perfect fit for gold master

9. seong macrumors 65816

seong

10. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Nice positive thread. Thanks.

People will always moan but its fine for me.

11. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

For a A revision product you expect perfection? :rolleyes:

Lion is a huge success, and I await it's eventual improvements.

12. PhoneI macrumors 65816

I have to admit, its definitely growing on me. I really like Mission Control more than I thought I would.

13. Col Vandal macrumors member

I'm really liking it overall. I swear my iMac is faster with it than SL. I haven't come across any major bugs at all, just some small annoyances here and there. I never used Expose or even Spaces before, but now I'm using Mission Control and the two-finger swipe between apps thing all the time.

14. mark28 macrumors 68000

1. Lion locks up randomly ( i had to restart my Mac twice already with Lion due to lock ups / freezes )
    2. Lion has much longer boot / shutdown time
    3. Higher system load / more memory hogging / worse battery life
    4. Sleep function doesn't work 100%, it fails sometimes.

Lion is not fantastic yet until they fix these issues at least. So far, Snow Leopard > Lion.

15. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

Same here. I never used those features until lion. My magic mouse has also been collecting dust until this upgrade. Now I actually like it.

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'm loving it as well. I've been mostly using it on my black MB but I got a chance to check out some of the gestures on my 15" MBP earlier. I like the way back and forwards works in Safari. I didn't use many of the gestures in SL all that much simply because I didn't use of the the things they were setup to do.

I'm ordering two Magic TrackPads today and I will set one up on each laptop and give it a go. Can't wait for that. :)

17. pbrooks macrumors regular

pbrooks

I've been using Apple computers exclusively since the Mac Plus. I have a lot of user habits that are deeply ingrained. While Lion represents a new direction and a major departure from the way the Mac OS has worked, so far I'm happy with it. Some of the new features of Lion were a bit confusing at first, but after a few days and a few trips to System Preferences, Lion is making total sense to me.

18. mfka macrumors regular

mfka

You should get your Mac fixed.

19. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Yeah, although I don't use most new features, I thought it was a worthy upgrade.

20. Cabron macrumors newbie

21. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Reassurance thread. You see that a lot when a bad product is released.

22. DICKNPHYL macrumors member

Lion works great for me!,,

I had to reinstall one time(Because I did not know what I was doing).with a few tweaks like removing power pc apps that won't work w/ Lion, and I had about 5-6. Everything is fast as it used to be. I have a macro work station with 320g hd.and 2 extra 1teribyte internal hds in bays 2&3. 10 GIGS OF RAM.
    it's fun bumping around in LION SEEING WHAT IT CAN DO.
    DICKSTER-----

23. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

i also like Lion, but it sucks that my Mac crashes almost every time i watch a video! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: