Lion killed my 'SetKeyboardLED' hack - any others like it?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by GizmoDVD, Jul 4, 2011.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

:(

I've been using SetKeyboardLED_0.2.0 since Leopard and it looks like Lion killed it. It's a little hack that ignores the delay for the Caps lock key so I could press it faster. Sadly, I'll never get use to the Shift key, and this little hack was a godsend for the delay Apple has set up. Is there anything out there like it?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Seriously? So, when you want to capitalize things, you turn on Caps Lock and then turn it off? Seriously?

3. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

I have noticed the Caps Lock lag as well, it's sometimes weird but it's supposed to prevent you from pressing it by accident.

When do you ever use Caps Lock? I never understood what the point of it is, other than for the precision cursor in Photoshop.

4. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep. Been doing. For 20+ years...so the habit won't be broke!

5. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

I know someone who does this. It was always funny watching him type at work, because the system there displays a message onscreen when the caps-lock key is hit. You would see the message flash quite a bit :)

I don't know of any replacement, though--it's possible it'll be updated eventually, though.