Lion Problems List

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by aummac, Sep 30, 2011.

1. aummac macrumors newbie

I think at this point it is easier to start listing items that dont work with Lion than those that do. Ignore most of the " server-client options" they don't work anyway. What were they thinking with this? :confused:

1. Network Home sync-Still not working
    2. ARD-Have to uncheck box and recheck.
    3. Preference Push-Is inconsistent with no explanations as to why it is stuck "sending through profile manager"
    4. 10.7.2 system prefs blows up when you try to access mobile account settings.

2. ijha macrumors regular

ijha

1. Time Machine 'back-up delayed' sign comes up an hour after backup.
    2. The notorious 'lion won't sleep' issue.

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

4. BatonMedved, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

BatonMedved macrumors newbie

1. Mission Control and Launchpad are dead if Preview inside full-screen Mail hasn`t been closed before switching desktop.
    2. Wi-Fi dies sometime while in sleep mode and doesn`t reconnect properly (probably IP reservation issue).
    3. Opening link from Twitter in background in full-screen Safari shows tabs headers over current desktop.
    4. Thumbnails in Launchpad sometimes change locations after reboot.
    5. Safari tries to go "Back" when flicking through history covers to the left in History.
    6. Safari often freezes not showing "cross" icon for closing the selected tab.
    7. Mission Control doesn`t show Program screenshots if used until another app opening.
    8. Resume doesn`t remember program windows opened on another Desktop, opens at the first one.

5. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

1. Mission Control doesn't work nicely with more than 3 open windows
    2. Keyboard randomly stops working and stays like that until put to sleep and awoken again
    3. Sibling windows in Full Screen mode get lost behind Full Screen window
    4. Cannot show dock in Full Screen mode with grahpics tablet (due to absolute positionning not letting you move the mouse down once it's reached the bottom of the screen)
    5. Adobe Bridge no longer works with 3-finger gestures
    6. Adobe bridge has serious graphical glitches from time to time, often requires logout to fix

6. WSR macrumors regular

They may not all technically be bugs, but they are why I'm not changing to Lion.

#1 The downgrading of Spaces and Expose. I find Mission Control to be less powerful, and I'm sure Apple can give us a choice between Classic Spaces/Expose and Mission Control.
    #2 Lion's Full-Screen mode makes multiple monitors nearly useless. Snow Leopard's Full-Screen mode is better.
    #3 The loss of the "Save As..." option.
    #4 The loss of "Do you want to Save?"
    #5 I don't want Resume, Versions or AutoSave and not all of these can be turned off.

7. BatonMedved macrumors newbie

BTW, guys, how are we gonna send this to apple, through Apple Discussion Forums?

It is a feature) No, they just rearranged things, so, it`s like an area for possible improvement.

I think this is not a bug, it`s a 3d party application problem, you should try contacting Adobe support i think.

Sorry, these are not bugs) It`s, as i mentioned, an area of possible future improvement, Apple won't fix this soon.

8. STEALTH714 macrumors newbie

1. Disconnect from Wifi upon sleeping. Takes awhile to reconnect upon wake.

2. Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard sometimes disconnect upon sleeping and will not reconnect when waking. Happens intermittantly but annoying.

3. In launchpad, hit "solver". Excel for MAC opens, then get an error message that solver has closed unexpectedly. I'm not even sure what Solver is for but obviously not working.

9. Jannuss macrumors newbie

add to list

LION does not work with Linksys or Valet Plus Routers - unable to set up specific controls for my kids like before. Cisco says they are "working on it" which has been 3+ months now:mad:

10. APtalent macrumors regular

System specification:
    iMac 27" Late 2009 model
    Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

Bugs
    a. Dock magnification lag.
    b. Animation lag when dragging items to the trash.
    c. Inability to sort folders first. (totalfinder fixes it)
    d. Internet disconnects after several minutes on Sleep mode. *Takes a white to reconnect after Mac is awaken.

11. Lomak, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

Lomak macrumors newbie

Graphical Glitches when moving windows or scrolling

Annoying!

MBP 15 Late 2008

EDIT: Seems to have cleared up after another reboot

12. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I am hoping my scrolling graphical issues (everything scrambles up on the screen) and dragging windows issues (everything scrambles up on the screen also) goes away once I reboot. But I can't since I am waiting for 3 hours of mac os x software updates to load in-- why so slow apple?