Lion release date: 14 july

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by fsfikke, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Interesting, thanks for posting. That means we got 3 weeks left.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

With an article ending with, "Take this for what you will – but we’d also like to remind you, we’ve been right before." it can't be wrong :D
    I also got a laugh out of "Signed by Tim Cook", and the PDF document just shows a typed "Tim Cook", no signature.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I hope it comes out before the 13th so I can get it loaded up on all my computers before I am abroad with unknown internet connection :eek:

5. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

What's that widget? :D

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

My guess a countdown timer he made in Dashcode :)

7. BrumGB macrumors newbie

BrumGB

I was thinking the same, although before the 12th instead please :p

8. Brammy macrumors 65816

I'm calling ********. There are typos: iOS 5 Support, will be available on release date, September 7th, in accordance with the iPhone 5 Keynote.

It should read: iOS 5 support will be available on its release date, September 7th. Also, there is no way Apple will pre-announce a September event three months early via an internal memo. Keynote, as with support would not be capitalized.

9. celticpride678

RazorianFly is a respected website.

10. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Two updates on the link now:

[Update] – In response to some contained criticism we’ve received for posting this, we can categorically assure you that we ourselves did not “fake” this document. RazorianFly has, however, not yet been able to validate its authenticity.

[Update 2] – RazorianFly has received a number of anonymous tips claiming the document is in fact FAKE. RazorianFly aims to up-keep its pristine track record it has worked hard in maintaining while breaking the absolute latest Apple-related news you and 100,000+ others love. However, this is sometimes not always possible.

In future, we will be even more diligent than we are now in choosing which pieces of news we report on, especially in the case of unverified, claimed “leaked”, Apple documentation. We’re all in this life together, and we all learn something new every step of the way.

11. Brammy macrumors 65816

I'm not accusing them of lying. The info handed to them was bad.

12. bushido Suspended

bushido

yay a day before my exams start, just perfect timing ^^... not

13. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

lol , and i just got my hopes up because of this thread :p

14. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Do you, guys, think we'll get another DP before the public release?

Because the current one is buggy as hell.

15. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Im sure we will. Maybe the first days in July? Im wondering when Apple is going to announce the official release date of Lion.

16. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

it's probably going to be a day-of announcement because of the App Store. like what just happened with FCPX

17. RJCP macrumors 6502

I've just rolled back from DP4 to SL as a main OS and I hope the release isn't until the end of July and that Apple's engineers work their asses off, because despite the UI downgrade, in terms of snappiness and responsiveness, SL feels like an upgrade over DP4...

18. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Good for you. It was never intended to be used as a main OS, just as something for developers to test their code on.

19. Icy1007 macrumors 65816

Icy1007

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah, that's a fake. Apple never let's anyone know beforehand about a new product. Even their employees are left out of the loop unless they have a need to know.

20. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Isn't RazorianFly that weird kid who used to post on here? Absolutely no way that is real.

21. RJCP macrumors 6502

True, but one month away from the release which was the time at which they released DP4, you'd expect it to be nearly finished, and developers should be able to test it to perform daily tasks as well. It worked well on the first week, but then it just started lagging and dragging like hell, and the graphic animations never were quite there: scrolling through the Dock wasn't smooth, first launchpad use on a session would always have a ****** animation, Mission Control animation not smooth at all either.

22. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

23. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

24. Takuro macrumors 6502

Takuro

Could this site possibly be the TMZ of technology news?

And besides. In order to tell technicians that they cannot service pre-release software, is it totally necessary to divulge the specifics as to when the software will be released? No. And what are the odds that they would randomly mention this information on the first page of the handbook? Probably one-in-a-million.

Ah wait, the site just admitted it was fake. Oh well. And after all the energy they spent adamantly saying it was legit...