Little part knocked off!!! No power no lights

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khaledq, Aug 8, 2013.

1. khaledq macrumors newbie

This Macbook Pro was working fine before I attempt to replace the broken LCD on it. So this little part came out and I think the base of it on the motherboard is gone also. Now the Macbook won't power or show any sign of charging. Please help me guys, tell me if I can bypass this part? or if I have to get a new one? but I will still need to know how to connect/solder it back if I lost the base.
    I found this picture on the internet for similar motherboard where the part is there

[​IMG]

This is my motherboard with missing (330) part

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. khaledq thread starter macrumors newbie

I did some search and found that this part is SMD inductor 330. Sold on ebay:
    eBay link

3. alonehacker macrumors newbie

Looks like a shield drum core inductor, at possibly 330uH. You'll very likely need it to power your device.

If you still have the part, you should be able to solder it back on.

4. khaledq thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right, but the part itself came apart! I ordered it already now, but there is no points on the motherboard to do the soldering. I guess they came off with the inductor. If someone has the diagram he can tell me where the two points go to.

5. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Hmmmm.. I do not know if you should..

With all due respect, there are VERY few things you can/should attempt to solder on any new-world computers.. Unless you have the PROPER Tools and Skills to do it, just DON'T.. Take it to a service shop before you Short Out/ Burn Off/ or otherwise Destroy the motherboard..

That being said, if you DO have the know how, HAVE AT IT!! :D

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It looks like the left hand pad is still there (possibly with some of the component in the solder). The right hand pad looks like it was scraped off. With more magnification, you might be able to see where it was torn from, but it's also possible it was connected to another layer. (There could also be damage in other areas where the scraping is visible.)

As bobcan said, this kind of repair requires the proper skill set and tools. If you do have them, well, best of luck - it looks like a real challenge.

7. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

How did you that? Did you scrap it off accidentally with a screwdriver? I won't recommend you to try to fix it unless you are very skilled in electronics because apart of destroying the MB, you could end up injured...

8. khaledq thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I work on laptops and cellphones all day long. Never had such issue because I am very cautious specially with an expensive MacBooks. I haven't noticed when this part was scrapped but I saw it only when it fell off. Accidents happen. Now... I am waiting for this part and I will let you know guys how it is going to go.

Excuse my English ;)