Live Apple Event Coverage: 'It's Show Time' [Keynote Ended]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's "It's show time" event at the Steve Jobs Theater on the company's Apple Park campus begins at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (1 p.m. Eastern Time), and following several hardware announcements last week, we're expecting Apple to focus on services today.

[​IMG]
    Photo via Carolina Milanesi

The two key services we're expecting to see unveiled today are a news and magazine subscription service and a new streaming television service that will ultimately include not only Apple's own original content but also allow users to easily subscribe to other services such as Starz, Showtime, and perhaps HBO.

Apple may also be planning to unveil several new Apple Pay features, including a rumored Apple-branded credit card issued in partnership with Goldman Sachs. Last-minute rumors have also suggested we could see something about a gaming-related subscription service.

Following the event, we should see the release of iOS 12.2, perhaps adding support for Apple's magazine and news service, as well as bringing Apple News to Canada, new Animoji characters, HomeKit TV support for third-party TVs, and more. Additional updates in the form of macOS 10.14.4, watchOS 5.2, and tvOS 12.2 are likely also coming today.

Apple is providing a live video stream on its website and via the Apple Events app on Apple TV.

In addition to Apple's video stream, we will be updating this article with live blog coverage--no need to refresh--and issuing Twitter updates through our @MacRumorsLive account as the keynote unfolds.

Highlights from the event and separate news stories regarding today's announcements will go out through our @MacRumors account.

Keynote recap is ahead...

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Live Apple Event Coverage: 'It's Show Time' [Keynote Ended]

2. MacFather macrumors 6502a

MacFather

The least anticipated Apple Event since Gil Amelio era.

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

I am curious, but if anything like Amazon Channels then no thanks.

New Apple TV unit is a given, if Apple are serious about TV/Movies then why not a Apple TV App on Android ?

4. Elastic Love macrumors regular

Yet ur the first one to reply.

5. lifeisepic macrumors 6502

lifeisepic

I have a feeling everything announced today will only be relevant to US.

6. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

I love these events as it gives me a semi-valid excuse to play the keynote drinking game. That's good enough for me.

One of these days we'll have to get a rulebook written up, though they're pretty self-evident when you're 20 minutes deep in a demo of AR-moji and how it can turn your household fruit into screaming anime-heads.

There are normally a few others here who do it too. Don't let me down and report in with your bevs of choice, squad! :D

7. CatalinApple macrumors regular

CatalinApple

I agree with you! For us here in Europe it's going to be a boring day :(

8. acgmph macrumors member

acgmph

Speak for yourself. I'm actually more excited about this than the last event they held in October.

9. MoreRumors? macrumors 6502a

Ok, let's get this show on the road and see what Apple is coming out with these new services.

10. Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

11. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

According to The Verge, credit card blogger The Points Guy is in attendance.

Huh. Maybe we’re going to see that Goldman Sachs-backed credit card to buy all our subscriptions and TV shows with! :p

12. ipedro, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

Whatever happens, this is going to be a pivotal event in Apple’s history for better or for worse. If I had to bet, having seen the top tier talent they’re working with and the insane amount of capital Apple has to invest, we might be about to witness the birth of what may end up becoming a media giant on par with The Walt Disney Company and Comcast.

DBA6082E-97D3-4258-A373-3F1190DD164B.jpeg

13. Frign macrumors regular

For the first time in 15 years, I won't watch the livestream of an Apple event. Let's see what it brings, but I'm in no way inclined to sit through 2 hours of corporate wanking by the beancounter Tim and Phil 'the shill' Schiller.

14. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I'm re-heating a burrito that will probably be more tasty ;)

15. Intellectua1 macrumors regular

Intellectua1

I have a feeling this as well as the news app may be available on all platforms. There's no way Apple can compete with competing services by relying on Apple users only.

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68030

yaxomoxay

Same here.
    It's likely that I am not the target audience.

17. iReality85 macrumors 6502a

Whatever we see today, I'm hoping Apple TV goes from "hobby" status to full fledged, front-and-center services.

It's always been one of Apple's best products. They just need to treat it so.

18. Suttree macrumors regular

Suttree

19. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

Word has already come out that Apple plans to work with Tv manufacturers to include Apple TV in their built in apps. Maybe Apple reserves the portable devices like phones and tablets for Apple hardware users as the incentive to switch but I think that, like Apple Music, Apple TV will be multi platform.

20. Rogifan, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

21. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

22. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

Apple Pay is also a service with huge potential to generate boatloads of cash. This event will be all about services so I’m fully expecting that they will be talking about more than just the new services (tv and news) but expansions to the existing ones. I have a hunch that Apple Pay Cash in Canada and the UK is one of them.

23. Royksöpp macrumors 6502a

Royksöpp

Hey free food is free food. If I was there I'd stuff my face.

24. Attirex macrumors 6502

The sheer amount of hate produced by these forums as a result of this particular Apple event will be legendary. Can't wait. :)