Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's "There's more in the making" event at the Howard Gilman Opera House in Brooklyn, New York, begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (7:00 a.m. Pacific Time), and we're expecting to see a number of iPad and Mac announcements today.

oct_2018_venue_side.jpg

Later today will also see the release of iOS 12.1, bringing Group FaceTime, new emoji, live Depth Control in camera previews, and Dual SIM support for Apple's latest iPhones. Additional updates in the form of macOS 10.14.1, watchOS 5.1, and tvOS 12.1 are likely also coming today.

Apple is providing a live video stream on its website and via the Apple Events app on Apple TV.

In addition to Apple's video stream, we will be updating this article with live blog coverage--no need to refresh--and issuing Twitter updates through our @MacRumorsLive account as the keynote unfolds.

Highlights from the event and separate news stories regarding today's announcements will go out through our @MacRumors account.

Apple's online store is currently down in advance of the event. It should be accessible again shortly after the keynote.

Live blog in chronological order is after the jump.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Live Coverage of Apple's October 2018 iPad and Mac Event

Reactions: Ravi_MR

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Quick predictions of how the event will kick off: Tim Cook walks on stage, brandishing a harpoon. "Welcome to Apple; we are so excited to be at Apple this morning." Crowd jumps. "Don't jump." The harpoon is gone. Where is the harpoon? "Where is the harpoon? Anyway, we need to do the computers now." Tim Cook turns his back to audience to hide pouting. The screen shows the Twitter logo for 15 seconds before the Star Trek intro plays in its entirety. The crowd doesn't jump; they applaud the intro. "Thank you so much!" Tim Cook pantomimes blowing a kiss by bringing both of his hands to his mouth, making a "mwah" sound, and raising his arms away, but the harpoon is back. He pokes himself. "Nothing a little elbow grease can't take care of," but Tim is visibly angry and turning greener with every second. "Now," says Tim, bringing both of his hands together in front of him as if to pray (but he pokes himself with the harpoon again), "Delicious Apple."

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
Really hope we won't be disappointed.

I actually don't know what I want to buy of what is expected to come up.
I have some options, so if Apple want my money, they gotta show up now.

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
This question is an always. There will always be those who are disappointed. Always.
Sure, some always will, but I'm fine if most people will be happy with the event. That Apple really deliver.
As I said, I don't know exactly what I want anyway ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.