Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Guess you got a bad one perhaps. If that were the case and they were unusable browsing, there would be thousands returned to Apple, Best Buy etc.

Did you set it up as a new Ipad? Are you jailbroken?

I'm pretty sure lots of people have returned their iPads for this very reason, very possibly even more than a few thousand over the span of how ever many million they've sold that actually seems like a small number (erroneously thinking its RAM, hardware, etc. or knowing its just poor coding, as discussed ad nauseum, but just not being able to wait for a product that should 'just work' not to mention image retention and screen ugliness variation that's out there and unrelated to software)

You would know if you tried a 7.1 beta. And you will know soon enough.

OP's thread title is on point.

Not sure the relevance but I like inserting pics:
PDVD_001.BMP

Edit: There Will Be Stable Safari

What's most curious is that, one dev once pointed out, its silly no native apps can be updated without an OS update. Apple should roll like gapps style (if you're familiar with android and the gapps package and the software separation of church and state)

Last edited:

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
I'm really hoping 7.1 renews my hope back in the iPad Air. Right now I'm using a very expensive device for Clash of Clans and that's about it.

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
Guess you got a bad one perhaps. If that were the case and they were unusable browsing, there would be thousands returned to Apple, Best Buy etc.

Did you set it up as a new Ipad? Are you jailbroken?

Well part of the reason I posted my comment is that other people have mentioned the exact same or similar issues (with safari in particular), and I've been seeing threads discussing how 7.1 seems to resolve this issue. Also, I have seen a few threads were people have indeed been returning their ipads because of this issue. Now I don't know how widespread the issue is, but it seems common enough, as far as such things go, and definitely seems like a bug unique to the ipad air (based on all the reports others have been providing). My ipad has never been jailbroken, and I set it up using an icloud backup.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
What boggles my mind is how the English language is so abused here that simply pointing out that Apple will do what it has consistently done in the past is somehow now called "apologizing".

Glad you enjoy your iPad now. Perhaps we can now reconsider all these evil Apple scamming me threads until the next iPad release.... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.