Lockinfo vs. Intelliscreen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Aug 10, 2010.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

I'm just about done with my trial of intelliscreen and I was thinking of buying it but first I wanted to get peoples opinion. Is lockinfo any better? Has anyone used both and can suggest one over the other?

2. brewno macrumors 6502

I would love to know that aswell. Good question!

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I haven't use the most recent version of intelliscreen but I had used it before and I find Lockscreen much better IMO, seen to be kinder to my battery, seen more responsive and at the time there were that many plugins for Intelliscreen.

Lockscreen seen easier to customized as well

my 2 cetns.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've used both. Intelliscreen on my 3G and LockInfo currently on my i4.

I really like both of them but prefer the LockInfo just a little bit more. The layout is nicer, you can fully utilize the entire screen. With Intelliscreen, you're limited to the space that's availble between the lockscreen clock and slider. With LockInfo, you can hide the "Slide to Unlock" slider, and collapse individual notifications, even the clock to use the entire screens real estate.

The missed calls and voicemail notifications show up and stay on the screen with LockInfo. With Intelliscreen, I believe it showed an image of the page flipping back showing your missed calls but unless you click to dismiss (and clearing your missed calls), you wouldn't be able to view any other notifications.

I do prefer the news alerts on intelliscreen more and the fact that you're able to click on the weather and it'll bring up a seperate window with radar forecast. Also, the status bar icons were nice. But with LockInfo, you're able to add additional plugins, (RSS feeds, Todo's, Twitter, Calender, HTC clock) and you can cutomize the LockInfo themes.

Overall, the ease and functionality of LockInfo is better than Intelliscreen, and it's cheaper too.

5. smokedog macrumors regular

I think Intelliscreen is horrible, the whole UI just seems so broken. LockInfo for me by a country mile.

But best way to find out which is better for you is to go try it yourself.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Are there any issues using Lockinfo and having a passcode, too?

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Neither one has issues with a passcode.

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

ty

9. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you everyone for your input...i just downloaded the trial of lockinfo and so far i think i like it a little better. But still very close. One question i have though is when i add the weather to the lockscreen it adds a clock giving 2 clocks on my lockscreen. How do i get rid of one of them? i didnt see an option in lockinfo settings to hide the clock in weather, any ideas?

10. komugi macrumors newbie

You're using the wrong weather plugin. You can either disable the Clock using clock hide fix (on Cydia, by same author). Or you can use the weather only plugin with no clock.

11. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Go to Cydia and download Hideclock.

12. pwb2103 macrumors member

I made the switch from intelliscreen to lockinfo and another thing in lockinfo's favor is that the dev is super responsive. He actually answers questions and has been cranking out betas at high speed. It has been a nice change from never hearing anything from intelliscreen's devs

13. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Hideclock is included with LockInfo

iPhone Settings > LockInfo > Lockscreen > Layout > Select Hide Lock Clock

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

With the Lockscreen Weather Plugin, in the settings, you're able to enable 6 day forecast and calender. Make sure both are on so in the Lock Weather setting, if you tap the clock on the right hand side, it'll bring up the 6 day forecast and if you tap on the left hand side, it'll bring up a calender. Pretty cool.

15. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've been using LockInfo for a while and I just realized the thing about the calendar and forecast yesterday...lol. That IS very cool!

16. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

That works perfect... Thank you!!!

Thanks everyone...made my decision alot easier...I think it's gonna be lockinfo

17. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i use intelliscreen...because that's what i bought. but i like it, it works perfectly here (essentially i use it to see my schedule, and the weather).

lockinfo seems to have a more-customizable gui (which is nice).

either way, they're both good apps.

18. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Killer advice - many thanks!

19. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I've been a lockinfo user for a while now (have intelliscreen too but switched over) and right now lockinfo is buggy while it's in beta. The first problem is that if you use either of the weather plugins it installs libweather and that screws up both irealsms and bitesms. The other issue is that lockinfo will just randomly disappear from the lockscreen and the only way to bring it back is a respring. Again, I know it's in beta so bugs are to be expected, but it's almost unusable for me right now. Hopefully David will fix the bugs quickly - he's always been good about that in the past.

20. brewno macrumors 6502

I thank you guys for the answers aswell, and I'm using LockInfo... I love it.

21. Chiny macrumors 6502

I've had Intelliscreen on all my iphones and in my opinion it works the best heres a screen shot:

[​IMG]

22. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Mine has none of these problems. I have bitesms and it works great with lockinfo and mine has neverrr disappeared from the lockscreen.?

23. dzendeh macrumors member

I bought both, but only using Lockinfo. Intelliscreen crashed on my iPhone too much and Lockinfo just looks clean and woks just fine.

24. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

papyrus font. lol.

25. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Why are you using the beta?

also i got libweather installed and BiteSMS couldn't run any better