Logged out email links

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by multicore, Dec 2, 2015.

1. multicore macrumors member

I have instant email notification for watched forum threads, but when I click on the 'View This Thread' box in said email I am always taken to the first page of the thread and am logged out. What gives?

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The email links shouldn't affect your login status. Are you sure you are actually logged in?

Do you have some sort of proxy / plugin that might be affecting things? Can you try turning off all plugins?

arn

3. multicore thread starter macrumors member

No proxy, and only standard plug-ins plus Garmin, Wacom tablet, OpenH264 Video codec (installed by Mozilla).

I can navigate to forum threads using the History or Bookmark links (Firefox 42.0) and never have this problem. But if I use the link in the notification email I am logged out.

4. multicore thread starter macrumors member

Now I just got this message. Is this legit from MacRumors or is it Firefox? I re-started Firefox and the link worked and kept me logged in this time. Screen shot 2015-12-02 at 10.39.47 PM.png

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Could it be that you use Chrome as your browser but when you click on the links, it opens Safari?

This occurs to me, when I use my Surface Pro. I use Chrome in windows but the default browser is IE (I need that to remain because of work requirements), so when I click on the link a different browser opens up.

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hmm. This is legit from MacRumors. This happens when the security code that each page is embedded with doesn't match up with the logged in user, or it has expired.

Usually this is a cache/proxy type issue. Are you on home or work wifi?

arn

7. multicore thread starter macrumors member

No, I am on my wired home network. And the problem persists. Same thing happened with the notice to your recent post.

And I am not having any browser switching issues.

I guess I'll flush the Firefox cache.

8. multicore thread starter macrumors member

OK, looks like the cache flush did the trick for now. Hope it sticks.

9. multicore thread starter macrumors member

This is still an ongoing issue for me on OSX 10.6.8 with Firefox v43.0.4 and Mail v4.6. Can't believe I'm the only one.

10. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

For a sanity check can u forward me an email with a link that it happens in? arn@normalkid.com