Logic Studio 10 being released anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by hipnotizer, Sep 25, 2011.

1. hipnotizer macrumors regular

I have been using garageband since I got my Mac in may. While it's great I am experiencing certain limitations with it now. I feel that it is time for me to upgrade to logic studio.

I dislike getting something only to have a newer version come out 2 weeks later.

Any rumours on when Logic Studio 10 may come out?

2. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Rumours are bad as logic still sells in a box and apple don't reply to any emails from users about logic even though they have with FCX.

That's the rumour mill.

3. jmacnash macrumors newbie

Scuttlebutt that I have heard says Logic 10 is very close.

4. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Who from?

There is nobody with any clout that has suggested anything from what I've read. It's all 'my friend Chris said...'

5. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

6. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

I don't really know how they're gonna get around the huge amount of data the sample library comes with if it changes to app store only

7. .600 overkill macrumors newbie

They might release it in a similar fashion to Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate..:confused: but that might be too expensive. It's not like they could fit it in a usb stick like they did with the OS bundled with the MBA.

Or better yet, all the samples will be in iCloud and it'll all work from there (just joking). That would make a nice "one more thing" for the end of a keynote haha :D

8. Javik macrumors regular

I wouldn't bet upon it anytime soon. WWDC 2012 is when we can expect it to be fully released. I wouldn't recommend forking all the cash out on LP9 at the moment (if you do then go for it), so just test the waters with Logic Pro Express.

I too am starting to get tired of the LP9 interface and the legacy way of recording and producing music. Expect Apple to shaken some things up in the coming quarters! :D

9. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Why you say 2012? They might announce logic x in time for a hardware refresh and I hear MacBook pros are on the horizon

10. Javik macrumors regular

Just my feeling. U'd think that if they were releasing it this year their be some type of professional forum and pre-viewing as was the case of FCPX

11. ChrisA macrumors G4

Get Logic Express. They let you upgrade without loosing the price of Express.

12. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

Haha yeah true, man a few different flash drives would be pretty cool, would look pretty sweet in the packaging too. Could possibly sell all the content for extra, so the app runs fine thru app store but samples etc cost to have USBs sent out to you

13. ravenlynch macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro's have had their refresh on 10/24/11. Past patterns indicate that they will be announcing something on 11/7/11 and 12/12/11. Seeing as the iPhone has had it's refresh, and the iPad isn't expected until 2nd quarter 2012, there needs to be something occurring in the 5 week period prior to the holidays... Logic X is a possible contender.

14. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I just hope we see Logic before the end of this year. I really don't want to wait till 2012.

This month of November seems like a blank slate for product releases so I truly hope so.

15. polaris20 macrumors 68020

I hope they do it soon. I had LE9, and sold it. I've been using Reaper, but it just doesn't feel right to me, so I was hoping for the LE10 update. either that, or Give Studio One a try.

16. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

What is reaper?

17. polaris20 macrumors 68020

www.reaper.fm

Cross platform DAW, lots of features, updated often. I like it, but it doesn't feel as nice as GB or Logic do, in terms of intuitive use or streamlining the recording process. For the money though, it's a steal (as is GB).

18. jdsingle macrumors regular

It's fun buying software only to have the new one come out 4 months later and miss the upgrade date...just joking.

I've read a number of articles saying that some people think LP will become more like a Garageband Pro...LP does not need to look like other Apple products.

19. Javik macrumors regular

I'm sorry but LP is just yuk. It's a legacy DAW and needs to be recoded from the ground up in my opinion. The same efficiencies of FCPX and streamlining of Interface will suffice for me.

20. polaris20 macrumors 68020

I'd be completely fine with that, personally. Though I understand why some would not.

GarageBand is nearly there for me in a lot of ways, but missing some things that have me looking elsewhere. No MIDI out is disappointing, the MIDI implementation in general could be more advanced, etc.

21. jdsingle macrumors regular

After working in Reason using LP is like moving from a Honda to a Porsche in terms of the sequencer only (NOT sounds).

Garageband is not likely to get anymore advanced unless they make a Pro version and people start paying for it.

22. webcity macrumors member

Another one waiting here for Logic Pro X but not loving the idea about it becoming a downloadable product..

23. davusicion macrumors newbie

The only problems is, with those of us who have multiple plug-ins like NI Komplete 7, Stylus RMX, Pettinhouse, etc, would purchasing Logic 10 be redundant? (Save that for a later post) Any-who, I'm waiting to see if there will be any major differences between 9 and 10. 9 is still the leading industry standard, so if there is some way we could get info, maybe it could help out hipnotizer and the rest of us.

24. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I'm curious to see what LPX brings, but honestly, since the Studio One 2.0 update debuted, I've been using that for my personal projects.

I still love Logic though. I also have Pro Tools 9. Too many DAWs. I wish I could use just one, but they all have there good points and bad.

25. robains macrumors regular

robains

Don't hold your breath on Logic Pro X. If you want to know the status of the next version of Logic Pro, go to the folks that produce the add-ons and the hardware (and drivers) ... sadly there's a big void ... which tells me these folks are out in the cold just like everyone else about Logic Pro ... this is NOT a good thing.

There's a Eerie Silence in the world of 3rd party and supporting hardware ... way more silence that in all prior versions of Logic Pro ... as is there is no next version, this is EOL for Logic Pro.

GarageBand now available for iPad and iPod and iPhone for only $4.99 on App Store ... another big clue.

Tis sad, I love Logic Pro 9. Apple just don't seem to want to be in the "Pro" applications business nor in the "Pro" hardware business any more ... I guess the ROI just can't match iPad, iPhone, iPod, iMac, and MacBooks. I understand it from a business perspective, but I don't have to like it.

Rob