Login now gets hung...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dickguertin, Nov 16, 2013.

1. dickguertin macrumors newbie

dickguertin

I just changed my password because of the 2013/11/12 security leak message. Now, when I try to login, the URL changes to include /index.php, and it gets stuck (never ends waiting). If I "stop" it, and remove the /index.php from the end of the URL leaving http://forums.macrumors.com/ it works fine. I'm just reporting what I see. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hi,

Is it still happening now? I think we had a performance issue around then.

arn

3. dickguertin thread starter macrumors newbie

dickguertin

Yes, it still happens, and even more .... My browser's error console show several errors, almost all of which deal with Ads. I get stuck "waiting" for things like load.exelator.com, or view.atdmt.com, or adadvisor.net or googleads.g.doubleclick.net; and there are several errors for "NS_AdDivs not found" and references to Location.to.string. I'm running Mac OSX 10/4/11 on an Intel-based Mac-Mini using Firefox 3.6.28 (last version that runs on this OS). I had a devil of a time just getting to this reply. I had to attempt it several times, and finally had to delete "#18376536" from the end of a URL.

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

So it's not just index.php, it's all pages?

And can you try a different browser on your Mac and see if that changes anything?

Email me at arn@normalkid.com if you still have problems and have trouble posting.

arn

5. dickguertin thread starter macrumors newbie

dickguertin

Yes, most pages fail. They appear briefly, then the window is cleared (white) and the spinning-gear just goes on-and-on, with a "waiting" message on the status line.

I'm now in Safari, and almost everything seems to work, but I checked the errors console here, and it also has several errors. I can't "save" the error console. so I took a screen-shot, and I'll email it to you as an attachment.

Thank you for responding. I really appreciate it.

6. dickguertin thread starter macrumors newbie

dickguertin

I'm posting this later information because it may be significant. Apparently Javascript in MacRumors Forum pages can "fail" in Tiger (10.4.11) on both Safari and Firefox (3.6.28) browsers. I say that because if I turn Javascript off in those browsers, MacRumors works. But I can't run with Javascript disabled on a permanent basis. It would be helpful if MacRumors could test the browser version, and disable Javascript within it's own pages on old Mac OSX systems. On Snow Leopard using Firefox (22.0), everything works just fine, including when Javascript is turned on.

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Does this happen on www.macrumors.com too?

arn