Logitech Create Case (not keyboard)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by milhaus, Dec 3, 2015.

1. milhaus macrumors newbie

2. ara-mia macrumors member

ara-mia

I've been eyeing this case myself, but I find it a little off-putting that half of the metal back of the iPad is exposed when the stand is engaged. Seems like it'd be easy enough for dust and other small particles to wiggle in there and scratch up the finish when the case is closed…

I'm in the same boat as you--definitely don't want to shell out for Apple's case and cover combo at the price they're asking, but I haven't found an alternative that at all thrills me yet. I might end up caving and just picking up the Apple case and cover from Best Buy with the open-box discount or something. :oops:

3. dr.devious macrumors regular

dr.devious

Same situation here, I can't bring myself to spend the money on the Smart Cover and Silicone back. I was looking at this at my local Best Buy. The hinge is nice and the materials were decent.

4. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

I have it. Well made. Perfect cut-outs and integrated volume/on-off buttons work well. It's heavy.... over a pound heavy. If you're OK with that then it's a good choice.

5. milhaus thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it significantly heavier than an Apple silicone case plus smart cover? I can't seem to get any numbers on that combination. And has anyone tried the el cheapo back and front smart covers from Amazon? I loved my leather Air cover, but don't like the ridiculous cost of the Apple solution this time around, nor the fact that they're separate pieces.

6. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

I made a post about this case just the other day:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...angle-folio-for-ipad-pro-impressions.1942579/

Overall I think that the case is good in that it protects the iPad very well. Using the hinge is seriously awesome and fluid. It is really nice for switching between pencil, typing, and media viewing. It is not that great for reading. I prefer using the iPad in -portrait for reading and find that the bulk of the case prevents it from being comfortable and even a bit distracting.

Bulk is an issue as the case is rather thick. It doesn't feel that bad in normal use or carrying it, but using it with the front cover folded to the back, it is very distracting. It does add noticeable weight too. If you walk around using your iPad or hold it in your hands for reading, you may find it too heavy after a short period of time.

One other problem I have discovered is that in using the pencil, I have found myself rotating the iPad much like I would a piece of paper for drawing and I have found that to be cumbersome to some extent with this case.

The texture on the outside is certainly different as well. I am not sure how I feel about it. It has a very rough cloth, woven texture.

Overall, if your looking for a protective case and switch between typing a lot on the onscreen keyboard and media viewing or even drawing AND you aren't just using the iPad on your desktop, but rather everywhere (the couch, coffee shop, etc...), this case can be pretty good. Maybe a touch pricy at $79, but the unique selling feature of the hinge is almost worth it to improve overall a ergonomics and stability.

7. Max Your Macs macrumors member

I am using this case right now and I really like it. I originally tried out the Create with the keyboard and while it was nice, it was just way too bulky to lug around constantly. The largest screen and keyboard works well for me to type on so I decided to give this case a try. I also purchased a case similar to the Apple Smartcase for the Air/2 on Amazon to compare. It is nice and very lightweight but I'm just thinking that for this $1,000 device, I'd like something a little more protective. I think the Create case is about the best option available right now. It's sturdy but not crazy heavy and the fit is solid. I'm not 100% thrilled with the way it snaps into the upper mount and I'd love to see an updated model offer more of a tray type mount like the Canvas for Air 2. The hing has great range and it's very nice to be able to quickly prop your Pro u- at most any angle to watch a movie or flatten it down more to type. I agree with another poster that it's a little pricy for what you get, but I still have a favorable opinion of the Create.