Logitech Keyboard Case by Zagg iPad '3'

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by NikiPod, Mar 25, 2012.

1. NikiPod macrumors newbie

There's been a few posts about the old Logitech Keyboard Case for iPad 2 fitting the iPad 3, I just wondered if anyone can confirm?

I've wanted this case for a while and there's a big price difference between the new iPad 3 model, which isn't in stock, and the iPad 2 model.

Essentially I'd like to know how snugly the old model fits the iPad 3, or if it's even changed.

Thanks alot, in advance!:apple:

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I have the Logitech keyboard that clipped onto my iPad 2. I absolutely love it because of the iPad specific key intergration. I have not yet tried to use it as a cover on my new iPad, will test it when I get home, and let you know. If it fits I would highly recommend it!:)

3. NikiPod thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks if you could keep me updated that would be greatly appreciated! As a keyboard do you find it works well? People have said it falls out quite easily but I'm not sure if thats just because they're being picky.

4. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Some people like it some do not. The keyboard can feel very cramped. Logitech/Zagg and Adonit make the best keyboard cases right now. I have tested the iPad 3 in the case. It fit but was snug.

5. NikiPod thread starter macrumors newbie

I too have found this in my 'research'. It's been a close call for me between the adonit and the Zagg; but I think the ability to have the iPad free quite quickly is the biggest selling point for me.

My only fear is it's going to be a very tight squeeze and I don't want to have to exert too much pressure on the iPad to get it into the case.

The dimensions for the new model are identical to the old model on the zagg website so I'm not convinced it's been updated at all/much.

6. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I have the iPad 2 version and it works great with my iPad 3.

Here's a few pics. The iPad has a skinomi skin on the back.

uploadfromtaptalk1332692338843.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1332692359386.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1332692368316.jpg

7. NikiPod thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for those! I definitely just bought it off Amazon, can't wait to try it out for myself!

8. drkash macrumors regular

I can also confirm that I'm using the iPad2 case on my new iPad it fits and works great!

9. laurenr macrumors 6502a

When the iPad is lodged inside of the keyboard, make sure it is oriented as in the pic posted above, with the rubber end lined up with the recess of the case. That way, it will be simple to remove. I can confirm that my new iPad clips in perfectly, does not fall out and is easy to remove.

uploadfromtaptalk1332692338843.jpeg

10. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

11. NikiPod thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got my iPad 2 case for my iPad 3 and it fits a charm!

So far impressions for this case are good!

12. laurenr macrumors 6502a

You will totally love this case! Besides the ipad dedicated keys I mentioned before, it's also convenient to have the "cut, copy, paste", undo and redo, and Control, Option, Command keys. Also, the arrow navigation keys are so convenient when placing the cursor on a page.
    Enjoy your new purchase!

13. NikiPod thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, you're right this case is fantastic.
    My iPad is serving duty as an inbetween whilst I wait for the new Macbook Airs to be released so as to replace my withering white macbook.
    This case makes that a really easy wait, so much that I dont think I'll be getting a laptop for a while!
    It feels like a solid case that some very thoughtful design work went into.

14. ufgatorbait macrumors newbie

I'm debating this case versus the ZaggFolio, anyone have any experience with both or have feedback on the ZaggFolio (especially the new one for iPad 3rd gen)?

15. IANNAI macrumors newbie

iPad 3 / Logitech case for iPad 2

My Ipad 2 Logitech case fits fine with the Ipad 3 but does not cause the iPad 3 to go to sleep when I close it. I used a magnet to verify the position of the internal magnets and they seem to me fairly close to each other. Does everyone else have this problem or is my case defective.

16. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Hhmmm.... I never thought about the sleep wake function with the new iPad because when you place it face down in the case, you canot see the screen. Just to be safe, why don't you just press the power button to sleep the iPad, before you put it inside the case?

17. drkash, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012

drkash macrumors regular

I have the new iPad and Logitech case for iPad2.

After installing the BSE front and back skins I have noticed a very faint straight line from top to bottom on my screen, left of the centre. This has been caused by keeping the ipad in the case and pressure from the the rubber lip on the case against the screen (the bit which is used to help stand the case upright).

It is not hugely noticeable but you can see it at different angles. You can just about feel it when running your finger along the screen. I guess the extra thickness of the new ipad and the front screen protector makes the screen a few mm thicker which causes this effect. Anybody else notice this problem?

Ps the screen has not been damaged in anyway, the line is just on the screen protector

18. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

The sharp edges are horrible for your wrists. I returned mine in a day and just got an Apple BT keyboard.

19. zahwa macrumors newbie

an attractive offer from uPlay (TM). good stuff good price.

20. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I suppose it depends on the size of your hands, and the position you hold them when typing. I don't use the keyboard every day, but I always take it with when travelling, and I really like how compact the Logitech/Zagg case is. I am typing with it on my lap right now, so my wrists don't touch it, but the edges would be uncomfortable to lean on.

With that said, I am quite sure the Apple build and quality is FAR superior:rolleyes:, it's just too big for my carryon case.

21. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

My sleep function is working with my iPad 3. Yours might be defective.

I bought the zaggfolio and its build quality seemed really cheap to me. I returned it right away.

22. IANNAI macrumors newbie

Defective

I exchanged by keyboard and the sleep function is working now. Thanks.

23. zagg2 macrumors newbie

Magnet

The switch on the new iPad that allows it to go into sleep mode requires that the negative polarity of the magnet in the case must face the screen when closed. This was not the case with the iPad 2, so for any case built for the iPad 2 there is a 50-50 chance that the sleep function will work.

24. Bilalo macrumors 6502

25. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I have them both, the folio is not as useful overall. It's keyboard while theoretically the same, lacks the crisp, speedy key response.