Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2012
UK
DECF8070-E98E-4911-B396-9AE7EE2860A9.jpeg

Arrived today, ipad mini 6 to give an idea on size. i can‘t type well on smaller keyboards so having something with the full size experience but effectively knocking off the keypad works for me.
I suspect Logitech options needs updating as it wasn’t showing up there when connected via Bluetooth to a work PC.

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
View attachment 1857185

Arrived today, ipad mini 6 to give an idea on size. i can‘t type well on smaller keyboards so having something with the full size experience but effectively knocking off the keypad works for me.
I suspect Logitech options needs updating as it wasn’t showing up there when connected via Bluetooth to a work PC.
I've got one arriving today. Oddly it shipped faster from Amazon than the other one I had ordered directly from Logitech.

Is that the "Windows" version, does it work okay with the iPad. Have you tried it with a Mac?

I asked Logitech if they had a carry case for it. They said no, but what a great idea. I'm sure some third party will come to the rescue. I also suggest a wrist rest like the full size MX, but of course cut down to fit the Mini!

BTW I have the larger version. I like it, but I get wrist pain from moving past the numeric keys for mouse moving, so I'm hoping this smaller version will help.

Edit: It arrived and it has the same feel as the larger version. This is good, to me it feels better typing that with the Apple keyboard.

Set-up was easy. The size works well for me, and I can easily reach my MX mouse, with less wrist action than my MX Keys full sized version. I guess a few days will tell if I'm imagining this improvement, or not.

I do wish there was a dark colored, Mac version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2012
UK
I've got one arriving today. Oddly it shipped faster from Amazon than the other one I had ordered directly from Logitech.

Is that the "Windows" version, does it work okay with the iPad. Have you tried it with a Mac?

I asked Logitech if they had a carry case for it. They said no, but what a great idea. I'm sure some third party will come to the rescue. I also suggest a wrist rest like the full size MX, but of course cut down to fit the Mini!

BTW I have the larger version. I like it, but I get wrist pain from moving past the numeric keys for mouse moving, so I'm hoping this smaller version will help.
Yes it’s the windows version, I don’t have a Mac but a work PC and a surface floating about. I’ve also got the full version and up til now was Ok swapping the @ and “ around according to which device I was using!
I confess I can’t get on with wrist rests at all!
A carry case sounds a great idea just something neoprene to stop it getting knocked in a bag…

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Is anyone out there using this keyboard with a Mac? On my M1 MacMini I tried using the Half-Moon/Lock FN key in the upper right hand corner of the keyboard.

Sure enough it brought me to the login screen. I log in, but then my MX 3 mouse cursor won't move. It also seem to have killed my scroll wheels smooth/fast scrolling set in LogiOptions app. I had to reset it.

The Emoji and Dication FN keys work great.

I do like the keyboard. The tactile response is pretty good for a non-mechanical keyboard. Slight lag when awaking from sleep. But then again it is a BT keyboard.

Check out my issue if you have one of these keyboards and a Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.