Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
something iconic and adapatable. say you decide to do "MacLesson" books and ebooks, this logo has a bit of flexibility on its side, as it's producable in two color and very iconic. classy.

also fits into a very non-techie theme, which i think is important--make it accesible for the general populus, and you're golden. erego, we have a logo that speaks to a very iconic image, the old one room schoolhouse, and harkens back to a place where alot of us in the workforce wish we were--young kids in grade school, running free, when learning was (for the most part) fun. That lessens the "painfulness" often associated with tech learning and gives it a degree of youthful energy and fun. This should speak, with a nice corporate package, to any range of professionals looking for good, solid, effective, and knowledgable macintosh platform lessons, while also giving it a fun appeal to promote to employees who are going to be receiving the training.

Anyway. I ramble,
m

Attachments

• maclessons.jpg
    maclessons.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 144

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Heres my second try at the chalk board idea. I have kept the Apple logo because I think it is required if you are going to use something along these lines, but changed the text to Lucida Grande.

MacLessons2.jpg

Again, feedback welcome.

::20ROGERSC::

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
everyone...thank you for your ideas, and input.

Moxie, i like the logo tons, but there's nothing technical about it whatsoever, and i want to try and get that across (the fact that i do a lot of tech support and not just tuition). i do really like it though.

20rogersc ... again, i really like it, but i really cannot use the Apple logo, especially as prominently as that...i may be able to get away with a subtle one like i have one my design, but even then, i'm not completely comfortable with it.

Josh, nice, i do like that, maybe incorporating that apple with Moxie's awesome school house design could be good, although Apple reckons you're not even allowed to use a picture of an apple :confused:

WeeShoo, simple, but clean and effective, maybe if it was an orange gradient?

L

Lau

Just did these, but then just read your post about pictures of apples. Oh well :rolleyes:

Attachments

• maclessons.jpg
    maclessons.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 306
  • maclessons2.jpg
    maclessons2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 300

highres

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2005
Near the Singularity
Lau said:
Just did these, but then just read your post about pictures of apples. Oh well :rolleyes:

I really like this one though Lau, nice concept and original design...I like the mix of the real apple and the type overlay on the apple...definitely stands out and is noticeable, seems like just about any Mac user would get a kick out of it and remember it later... :)

L

Lau

So if you can't have an actual apple, how about these? (I am so sorry about the pun) :p

Attachments

• seedlogo.jpg
    seedlogo.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 105
  • corelogo.jpg
    corelogo.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 112

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Lau said:
So if you can't have an actual apple, how about these? (I am so sorry about the pun) :p
Wow, thats really cool Lau, I love the second one. It reminds me so much of school playtimes. How about a lunchbox or something with Mac Lessons on it?? Just using the idea of school, maybe with an apple in it?? I don't know, I'm just trying to give ideas.

L

Lau

Heh, thanks guys. I would have thought that a more well eaten apple core (that's just a googled one) would be far enough away from an apple shape to not breach Apple copyright. Although I could be wrong.

20rogersc, you have got me thinking <whirring cog noises> :p

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Maybe we'll all have to eat an apple, and post a picture on here, and vote to decide which apple core it should be! I, as well, think that this would be fine to conform with Apple's policy, and think that it has great potential.

What I might try is a combination of a few of the ideas put down, like the black board mixed with maybe an eaten apple instead of the apple logo, oh I don't know. It'll keep me busy though.

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Lunch Box

The problem with the lunch box is that, well, you then need a logo to go on the lunch box, and we end up back where we started. I do love the concept, though.

What about a lunch box, drawn in chalk, with a bite taken out of it? :)

You could always go with an open lunch box with the half-eaten apple on the inside, but then you're getting kind of complicated (for a logo).

Dunno - just sharing random thoughts. ;)

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Yeah I see where you are coming from jsalzer

I was thinking maybe just soem text or something to go with/on the lunch box, as otherwise, like you said, it would get too complicated. At the moment I have so many ideas running through my head, but I'm sure some will be put to paper soon.

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Heres my first attempt at my new idea,

MacLessonscore.jpg

I'm not that keen on it myself, but I thought I'd put it on just incase it creates ideas, or if people actually like it :D Feedback welcome!

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Heres yet another idea, made simply from jsalzer's pic, and a folder to co-incide with the apple theme.

maclessonsscreen.jpg

I was thinking that this could be a website/document header, and if a logo is needed, just use the window. This idea could go further, by using a window of the address book to show contact information, etc.

Feedback plleeeeeeeease!

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
Original poster
20rogersc said:
Heres yet another idea, made simply from jsalzer's pic, and a folder to co-incide with the apple theme.

maclessonsscreen.jpg

I was thinking that this could be a website/document header, and if a logo is needed, just use the window. This idea could go further, by using a window of the address book to show contact information, etc.

Feedback plleeeeeeeease!

that's interesting, i think i like that, you think the desktop b/g would work in orange??

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Here's my take on MacLessons.

Some colour combinations shown. Any design variation can be used. Solid apple, hollow apple, different font (such as Lucida Grande instead of the shown font, Myriad Pro), different words bolded. All the colourschemes are different (ie. all one colour, letters one colour, apple another, "mac" one colour, "lessons" another). Letter case variations such as maclessons instead of MacLessons or some such.

Hope you like. Comments appreciated. You can see more of my work at http://cleanup.deviantart.com, my website http://www.cleanup.tk is currently performing redesign.

Didn't take too long. Illustrator CS2. You can have the .ai file if you choose to use my logo. :) Do whatever you want with it, or you can tell me what variation you'd like, any changes you wish.

Attachments

• maclessons logo.jpg
    maclessons logo.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 151

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
I could also design your website and business cards as well. I designed rokema.com as well as their logo and business cards. Have a look. You can see my site designs as well as other artwork on my deviantART page listed above.

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Cleanup, I love the Rokema site, very nice. As for your mac lessons logos, I really like them, and my personal preference is the filled Apple, but sure sure about the colours.
evoluzione said:
that's interesting, i think i like that, you think the desktop b/g would work in orange??
I can easily try it in orange, is there a mac background which is orange, because I really want to try and keep it to the Mac Desktop theme. I've actually got a couple of other ideas floating around in my head, might try these this afternoon as well . . .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.