Lol 2-3 MONTHS for pixel hd

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nrwrit3r, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Haha it's such a joke..I'm waiting 2-3months for this case lol. It sucks, I'll have to buy one for the meantime.

2. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I don't understand the joke.

3. ljx718 macrumors 6502

the joke is that someone is complaining about a free case taking long to ship

4. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

It's free because Apple wants to avoid a costly recall.

OP has every right to complain, the case is free but necessary. That's what makes the difference. It's a slap in the face to offer a workaround fix for a reception problem and then make 3 million people wait for 3 months to get it.

Flame away, but you know it's true.

5. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Go back to the android forums. Mine works great without a case. Only a small % of people experience issues.

6. Savor Suspended

Savor

OP, when did you order it?

Some of us got a Sept shipping date. My case gets delivered hopefully a couple days after LABOR DAY. Ordered mines on a Friday morning. Seems to be a huge demand for this one.

7. ljx718 macrumors 6502

my phone also works fine without a case. ive done many speed tests all over south florida and while the bars do go down, data rates stay the same and ive never dropped a call on my iphone 4.

8. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

9. Flash69 macrumors regular

You need to get a clue and stop drinking the kool-aid.

EVERY iPhone 4 is the same. The only reason you think it effects a small percentage is because you are in an area with good service. This problem effects ALL iPhone 4s!

It is crap that we have to wait 2-4 months to get a case to fix a phone that should work without the case! Flame me all you like but I can reproduce this on every iPhone 4 I have seen in weak service areas. All iPhone 4s work great when they have strong service.

10. shrtmkr macrumors regular

so true, the case is not given for cosmetic purposes, it is necessary, especially for lefties. I also believe the dimensions of i4 should include the size of the bumpers.

If they add coating on the problem areas in the upcoming months( let's say before 2011 for the sake of argument) can we expect apple will leave 3 million people(and counting) behind and move on?

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple admitted no reception defect and is giving away the cases only to temper the 0.55% or so. It's not absolutely necessary for many people whose iPhone 4s work just fine without a case.

12. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

...I don't HAVE an Android.

And yes, yours has problems...death grip your 2 black bottom bars and hold it there for a good 40 seconds. I kinda call BS if your bars don't go down.

13. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Um, I'm sitting in my apartment right now with 5 bars. If I turn my phone off of the lockscreen (so it stays on) and I hold the bottom of the phone tightly I can watch them drop. It's not INSTANT - it takes about 15 seconds for the first one to fall off, but then...sure enough one by one they all do until it says SEARCHING...

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you're in an area with exceptionally good reception, it is indeed impossible to get the bars to drop using the death grip. My workplace is one such example. At my house, however, I can get the bars to drop but it won't go to "Searching" (i.e. lose it entirely) no matter how long I grip it.

15. shrtmkr macrumors regular

I am currently overseas(3rd world country with good gsm coverage) roaming with i4 on at&t. A $30 prepaid phone i bought here gets better reception in most areas than my i4.

For all the deniers,
    You might not experience this issue right now, because you happen to live in a good coverage zone. I can assure you that you will experience it sooner or later in the length of your 2 year contract.

16. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Another stupid person is complaining about iphone 4? Go return the device. Free yourself.

17. skiltrip macrumors 68030

So far, the black Apple Bumper seems to be the #2 pick (according to polls on this site and some others). Has the shipping time changed for the Bumper as well, or is it still the same as it was when the program first launced?

18. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Well said. I wish they'd just fix the problem instead of trying to cover it up (pun intended) with this ignorant free case promotion. I hate having to keep my iPhone in a bumper only slightly less than I hate how it drops to "No Service" in my bedroom, where every other iPhone and non-iPhone I've ever owned has shown full signal strength. :mad:

19. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I have five bars all the time. Can't make my bars drop at all. Sorry you are having trouble!

20. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Free case is necessary as a response to Consumer Reports. The simple act of offering a free case, canceled out most of the momentum from that. If people are actually able to benefit from it, as well, then great. I took my Bumper receipt back to the Apple store and they paid for my lunch yesterday. ;)

21. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

He said "only a small % of people experience issues" which is true. I don't have issues with my phone. Sure, my signal might drop a couple of bars if I cover the lower part of the antenna to see how it functions, but it's not an issue.

The thing is, many people can replicate the issue by having their bars drop, but they aren't affected by it in normal use, or they will get mad at the fact that their reception went down despite the phone performing equally the same with 2 bars of data.

22. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I can see you are very passionate about this but sorry you are in the minority despite what you may believe.

23. Flash69 macrumors regular

I do not care if the bar display drops, I care about dropping calls or losing cellular data. With every phone I have used the phone will drop the call and lose all cellular data if you are in a weak cellular signal area. I have gone to 2 different Apple stores and replicated this on the display phones as well. When the iPhone 4 is in a great service area (4 or more bars seems to be the norm) it will not drop a call or lose data even though the bar display will drop.

The simple fact that every iphone 4 was produced the same way tells you that every phone will perform the same way depending on the signal.

It all comes down to how much signal you are getting from AT&Ts tower. If you get good signal you don't drop the call or lose cellular data. If you are in a weak signal area you will drop the call and lose cellular data.

I can literally touch the left bottom area "bridging" the 2 antenna and lose everything when my phone started out with 2 bars. It drops a call, it will not place a new call and I lose all cellular data. Some folks can get the bar display to drop by using the death grip, for me simply touching the area causes my problems. The death grip I can somewhat understand as all phones COULD lose some signal with that much coverage. My phone does not require the death grip at all. I have to assume my phone is much worse than most. I do plan to take it to an Apple store for evaluation.

24. Flash69 macrumors regular

I very well could be in the minority or have an extremely bad copy of the phone.

I think 2 things went into the number that Steve Jobs stated.
    1. Many people where waiting to see if Apple adequately addressed the issue before returning it.
    2. Most people live in areas with great AT&T coverage so they don't even know they have a reception problem with the iPhone 4. This will come out more and more as folks travel and move around.
    Also it's possible to skew statistics to look anyway you want them. We don't have the actual numbers so we cannot see for ourselves.

I know it's been said before, however I am going to say it again. Why do you think no other manufacturer places the antenna on the outside where it has to be touched to use the phone. There is a reason 99.99% of all cellular phones have the antenna inside now. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand that humans conduct electricity thus touching a radio antenna would cause interference.

25. Russiaone macrumors 6502

I don't mind the wait and buying cases in the interim. Gives me more options. I hate wearing the same case for a year.