Long Lines at Apple Stores for the SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justiny, Mar 26, 2016.

1. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

I'm looking to trade in my 5S for an SE as soon as I can. I was hoping to walk into an Apple Store the first few days after the launch on 03/31, but online shipping times continue to push further and further down the road.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about supply and if next weekend will see lines of people waiting for an SE. Thoughts?

2. Tutone macrumors newbie

3. Koobs macrumors regular

Koobs

I'd be surprised if there are long lines. There aren't any new "must have" features in the phone.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

I think Apple only made around 10K iPhone SE. They're purposely pushing the shipping dates back to create false demand. Apple does this every year a new iPhone comes out. Who wants a recycled iPhone SE when you can buy a Samsung device, with top of the line specs. Apple is doomed! Doomed, I tell you!

6. Quicklite macrumors regular

I really doubt that.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol. Come on, it was clearly sarcasm. The Apple is doomed part gave it away.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I don't think it'll be your typical IPhone release in terms of lines and crowds..

9. justiny thread starter macrumors 6502

justiny

I've carried around an iPhone since the original, but this is a new venture in the Apple realm ("Newish" iPhone in March).

I'm really curious and hopeful that I can get in and out with my SE as soon as possible... I guess we'll see what happens this upcoming weekend.

10. tedson macrumors regular

Since I will be going to my local Apple store Thursday morning to trade in my 4s for an SE I hope there are no lines. I plan on showing up 1 hour before opening. If there are no lines, I'll go some where and eat breakfast, otherwise I'll jump in line and wait with the crowd.

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Are you working that day? I'd give myself ample time incase there are long lines

12. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

There needs to be hype for a phone in order for there to be lines.

I dont see alot of hype for this phone

13. Quicklite macrumors regular

The anandtech review should be interesting. Some places are reporting great battery.

14. daniel1948 macrumors 6502

daniel1948

Yeah, their phones cannot even survive ten seconds under an 800-degree blowtorch.

15. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

What, they can't? I want a refund now!

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I agree. Nothing on it in the news.

17. davidinva macrumors 6502a

I plan to buy a SE 64GB from Best Buy as I have a gift card for part of it. Replacing a 5c and like the small size. A couple of weeks wait doesn't matter. Will use it more as a camera. Don't use phone or text that much.Got the 5c (32GB) free with my last Verizon contract. Will keep the 5c as a backup (only worth about $60) and use it as an iPod.

18. justiny thread starter macrumors 6502

justiny

So my hope of simply walking in and grabbing my new SE was sorely underestimated. Every store around me is out of stock.

19. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    When I walked into the Apple store this afternoon the first thing the guy asked me was if I were there for the new SE, and I said, nope, was after the iPad 9.7......I'm perfectly happy with my beautiful iPhone 6s Plus. The store wasn't especially crowded and certainly there were no lines for anything.

20. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I was about to type how all of the stores by me have them (they did a few hours ago). Now the only option is ship to store.

21. drewaz macrumors regular

Looks like the Phoenix stores are out of the 64GB already, all colors

22. Carmenia83 macrumors 6502

No lines. You just need to get through all the people waiting for the Tesla Model 3.

[​IMG]

23. daniel1948 macrumors 6502

daniel1948

I guess this is a pretty popular item. Now I'm glad I ordered a week ago and had it shipped to me. (After complaining about the shipping process and thinking I should have waited and gotten it at the store. :cool: )
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---
    Now THAT'S gonna be the best thing since... well, since the Tesla Model S! I can't wait for the big reveal tonight. Makes my new phone seem like pretty small potatoes. :D

24. mackinmike macrumors 6502

Lines? It's a smaller iphone 6s with some missing features. Hardly anything to be excited about.

25. rulymammoth macrumors member

Yup. No lines here either, although most models are already out of stock. That could easily be a function of supply though.