Looking for a good men's wallet

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sutekidane, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I've been looking at getting a Louis Vuitton men's wallet, but can't really justify the price. I've looked at getting a fake online, but can't seem to find them under $75 or so which I think defeats the purpose of getting a fake. Does anyone have any recommendation for a good, trendy, maybe even artsy men's wallet? I'm just so tired of all the ones that look like my dad would of bought in the 50s.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I use a Krew wallet, and I like the style but the main reason I love it is because it is so amazingly thin. I haven't seen a thinner wallet since I picked it up about a year ago. Here is a picture, it comes in different colors too. I have the white one like pictured below.

[​IMG]

It is really a great wallet, but if you have a bunch of cards it probably isn't the greatest. I have 4 cards in it and it is fine. It is probably about half an inch thick most of the time, and I never feel it in my back pocket. But that is just my own taste. You might want to list what is important to you so you can get better resonses (style, size, storage, etc).

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Try GUESS. They may not be trendy enough for you, but the prices are pretty reasonable.

4. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Check out bluefly.com, they've got some nice designer wallets right now.

I like these:
    Dior
    Dolce & Gabbana
    Ferragamo
    Gucci

Personally I'd probably tend towards the Ferragamo wallet. It's made of calf skin, its classic but modern at the same time, and its simple enough to carry everday. If you're looking to spend less than $175+ you might look at some Coach wallets, they make some decent mens wallets that can be had for $75 if you're willing to brave a million purse crazed women at their outlets.

I'd probably just go buy a $30 wallet black leather wallet at Macy's and be fine with it. I'd rather spend the money I saved on the wallet on something everyone sees all the time, like some nice jeans.

5. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

You can find them on the subway, but you have to be really careful shopping for them.

6. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Ooooohh! Looks promising. I've been looking for a THIN wallet. Call me silly, but I keep my wallet in my front pocket, and I don't like the way it looks because it's so fat (not from money unfortunately :)). It makes me look like Im carrying a pack of cigarettes, and I don't smoke. Also it is kinda annoying when you sit down. Might have to check them out. Mostly I just need to carry around like 3 cards,my license, and once in a blue moon some cash. :) Im a debit card kinda guy, almost never have cash on me.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

While I am afraid I can't be of help with specifics, I've noticed a lot of people around me sporting what appears to be some kind of hybrid of a traditional wallet, a cigarette case (hard shell), a money clip, and a transformer of some kind...slick, durable, simple and pretty cool with how some of them open and/or organize.

Hopefully someone can link to an example of what I am talking about.

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I am definitely not the guy to ask about wallets. I use a binder clip.

I'm glad others have suggestions, though. :)

9. c073186 macrumors 6502a

10. adk macrumors 68000

adk

If you want to be unique, make one out of duct tape. Not too difficult and they last quite a long time.

11. istion macrumors newbie

Another designer to look at

I think you should definately check out Braithwaite Wallets. They are very stylish, and well made. "Wallets that are made with a sense of purpose, passion, and performance."

http://www.braithwaitewallets.com/wallets

also if you're into thin more then style also check out
    http://www.bigskinny.net/

Couldn't imagine keeping a wallet in my front pocket though

12. tringo macrumors regular

13. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I have a Burberry wallet and love it. Its in the $200 range. Its sleek and very charming! IMO

14. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

Get a wallet with an old badge from ebay and get out of tickets :D

15. zebraman macrumors member

I got a guess. And i think its pretty trendy :D

16. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I like this one a lot, although it seems to be out of stock.

I kind of assume, though, for the OP, if you were previously looking at LV wallets, trendy is not exactly what you had in mind? Are you particular about wallet format (bifold, tall case, etc)? Were you looking at LV canvas or leather?

Yoox didn't have anything super exciting, although I thought this Cavalli was cute and I like this Valentino Caravalli.

I kind of like this Fendi.

I rather need a new wallet too...

17. istion macrumors newbie

couldn't do calf!!

couldn't do calf, nor veil... i've got enough bad karma- saving my bad karma for funner sins.

Not impressed with burberry actually. Seems over priced for the look and feel.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have a cheap $20 Fossil wallet from Macy's that has lasted me for 5 years or so, if not more, and shows no signs of falling apart.

19. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I love mine, but I'd obviously suggest the OP checks them out in person before buying.

I'll explain why I love mine:

I'm not the guy who wears the shirts that have 'Armani Exchange' printed across every square inch. I wear nice, subdued clothes that look good, but not too loud or "look at me!". I think the Burberry wallet I have, when I pull it out, gives a little flair to whatever I'm wearing, whether they be khakis or jeans.

But definitely check them all out. There are some great wallets I've seen in this thread, my favorite (besides mine) so far being the Ferragamo one from Bluefly that is no longer in stock. That looks very classy.

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

21. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Love your wallet Badandy. I've been thinking about getting one myself, we've got a nice Burberry store in the area, as well as Armani Exchange, and a Giorgio Armani store. My style is somewhat opposite of yours though, I like my stuff tight, and I enjoy the occasional big logo (though I admit some Armani Exchange shirts turn me off, too many logos on some of them).

22. hewcardpacklet macrumors member

I have two jfolds, three years old, look new. The leather does not soften with time, and the price is right. They come in cool metal boxes. Great as a gift.

:cool:

http://www.jfold.com/