Looking for an online calendar with slots

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by baryon, Feb 13, 2012.

1. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for an online calendar (like Google Calendar) for use at my workplace. Basically, we have time slots during every work day, and people often call us and ask when they can come in for an appointment. It's really simple: I just want to be able to quickly add / remove / move people between slots, and quickly be able to tell which slots are free and which ones are booked. Having slots is important, otherwise we would always mess things up.

I'm not interested in sharing the calendar with clients, because all appointments must go through the phone. I just want to replace the old printed excel table that is a complete mess and it always gets lost.

It's important that the calendar be open on all of our computers simultaneously, and that everyone can view and edit it at the same time.

I also don't want to have to log out of the calendar just to check my personal gmail (which is on a different account)… So Google Calendars won't work, unless there's a way to be logged in with 2 different users.

I don't mind if it's a client software either, but it has to be free, and PC/Mac compatible.

Thanks!

2. ender land macrumors 6502a

You can view more than 1 google calendar at the same time.

3. baryon thread starter macrumors 68040

baryon

But it doesn't have proper fixed slots. The only implementation that I know of is that you can specify slots and invite people to book those slots. I don't want to do that, I just want to book the slots myself, and I can't seem to get that to work, unless I send myself an invite, which I won't do 40 times a day.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You don't have to invite anyone. Just create the appointment and type in the description, and set the date and time.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

TungleCal used to have something like you describe, although I think they were bought out. Google "Tungle Cal" and see what you find.

6. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

You could always use two different browsers. One browser for the shared calendar gmail account. The other browser for your personal gmail account.

If you're running windows, you could probably run 2 sessions of the same browser ... although I'm not sure that would work.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

On calendar.google.com, on the top right (Your picture area), click the down arrow.

Then Switch Account?

8. flipperfeet macrumors regular

Tungle no longer a reliable option for Lion and Mt. Lion

IMHO Tungle support for the Mac began deteriorating after the purchase by RIM. While it worked well with Lion for a while the synchronization grew less reliable with each maintenance update. At this point not only is it not working for me, my Windows using friends report it no longer syncs properly with their iPhones. Too bad as it was a great cross platform app and I turned a large number of my professional colleagues onto it.