Looking for Groceries-List

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pscl, Apr 12, 2016.

1. pscl macrumors 6502

hi guys

im look for a way to use my watch to add things to my groceries-list.

e.g. im at the freezer and realize i have no pizzas left... then i use the watch like: "hey siri add pizza to groceries list" :)

you know what i mean?
    i tried it with notes - doesnt work... and reminder wont work either i guess...

any help?

thank you!

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Bring! Shopping List - native and a complication.

I should have added something - on your iPhones reminder app, create a list called Groceries and then Siri will do this...

From the watch: Hey Siri add apples to my groceries list. Put arm down and it will add to the reminders groceries list. No need to wait for Siri to finish.

3. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Reminders nano. It pulls your reminders from the default reminders app so you can use Siri like you do today.

4. pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

great.. i will try that... does it work with siri?

5. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Just be sure to create the groceries list in the reminders app on your iPhone - Nano or stock reminders tied to other apps. I have lists for groceries and notes and a few others. I also use Thjngs tied to the default reminders folder and it adds those items to Thjngs.

6. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

The app doesn't. But when you say add milk to groceries list it will be added to the reminders list and then synced to reminders nano. You don't need to use the reminders nano app on your phone. Just hide it in a folder and use apples app. But on the watch you will see all your lists and you can also force touch to add more reminders in the app.

7. pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

so whats your workflow?

you use the nano reminder to access your reminder lists? you named one e.g. groceries and then use siri like "hey siri add tomato to groceries list"?

8. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

Nice. I've been using the stock Reminders app for over a year. This app is a great addition to it. It's nice to finally be able to see the lists on your watch. Thanks!

9. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Any folder you create under the stock reminders app can then be used by the Apple Watch and Siri to add whatever you want to whatever list. I used Nano before and it works but I now use Things because it does that and a lot more but costs more. Now I am trying Bring! Shopping List.

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I have used several. However to me nothing works easer than Reminders. Make a Reminders List for your store (like Publix). As you see you need something simply raise your wrist and say "hey Siri add whole wheat flour to the Publix list". The biggest downside is you must use you iPhone in the store.

11. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I still use the standard Apple reminders app with Siri on the Apple watch as needed. The Apple reminders app syncs to my complication/app "Things" so I don't have to pull out my phone. Very slick.

12. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

13. profets macrumors 68040

I've been using Reminders on iOS quite heavily since they added it in iOS 5. I have several lists, including a few I share with the wife, like 'Groceries'.

I exclusively use Siri to add items to it, exactly like you mentioned. When I notice we're low or out on something, I lift my wrist and say "Hey Siri, add X to my groceries list." Then while doing groceries weekly I use either the phone to check items off the list or Reminders nano on the Watch.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Thanks everyone for this thread!!!

I have been hand typing in my groceries and had no idea I could tell Siri to add an item to this list! It works great and with always on Siri I can do it without touching my phone!

15. Mac2me, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I just started using Bring! and so far like it. One thing I like about it is you can create your must-have-repeat items and then just click on them to add to your next shopping trip without recreating a list each time by Siri or not. I'm using Bring! as a watch complication and it's nice to see the list pop up right away on my wrist. Also like how the checked off items drop to the bottom of your watch list in another color. I have it synced across my Watch, iPhone and iPad which is convenient. Takes more time setting up customized items but I think in the end will be more efficient. Quicker to tap on something which you see before you than remembering to dictate something, at least for me. Don't know about you but it's always annoying to get home and find you've forgotten that one item you always run out of. Grr. Looking over the list helps solve that I think.

If and when my spouse gets an AW we'll be able to share the same list and keep it updated together.

16. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Bring does circles around any other app in terms of shopping. Watch app is perfect!

17. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Does it also support Siri? Can you just say "hey siri add this to my list?"

18. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

All you got to do is say "Hey Siri, add potatoes to my Grocery list. I can either do it with my phone or my Apple watch.
    It is very useful to say the least

19. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I meant specifically in the Bring! app. I see that you can do it on Reminders lists.

20. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

No you can't.
    Still 100 times better so you don't have to repeat yourself so Siri understands your 50 product shopping list like arugula or chèvre cheese :)

21. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

OK, thank-you.

22. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I downloaded and spent 15 minutes renaming lists and trying to get Siri to work. Siri keep adding to my current Reminders lists or searching the web on my iPhone. Looks like you owe me 15 minutes of my life back. :D

Was about to try agin but came back to the thread to see how others were getting Siri to work with the App.

Looks like I'll stick with Reminders.;)

23. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sorry. It worked well for me. All I did was tell Siri to add something to my Grocery list and Siri created a grocery list and added what I had asked. It was like magic but it worked just so well. Now when I am running low on something I just tell Siri to add it to the list.

You do not need an apps when Apple included it.

24. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I know and have used Siri with Reminders (even posted that early in this thread) but your OP was in response to the Bring! App.:cool:

25. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816