Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I always wonder, if professional sellers put real effort in refurbishing it and do a better hardware check, than a private person can do.
They do if they hope to stay in business.

As to having 22 of the same, some years ago I purchased my 15" PowerBook from an outfit that had 30 of the same for sale. After contacting them they claimed it was some form of Collage upgrade program.
Apparently they had taken them in trade on a load of new MB pros.

BTW: that 15" PowerBook still works fine today.

KevinRightWing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Houston TX
Sounds like a bargain, if the machines work. Interested to see people post when they receive their PowerBooks.

They have a 99.4% positive feedback. Can't imagine they got that way by screwing people over but you never really know with ebay until you open the box. The company sent me an email again today and reiterated that the machines will look as good as the picture shows.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Just got an eBay email saying my unit has been shipped.
Let the waiting begin.
whoo-hoo!

Forgot to mention, estimated delivery Jan 29 - Feb 9th.

Last edited:

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Can't wait to see what the differnce will be between what we just purchased for $46US and something like this, besides the price that is.

Or this one, really for $46US I'm starting to think they might be in tough shape, it'll be a pleasant surprise if they're not.

Last edited:

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
They do if they hope to stay in business.

I don't think so.
On Ebay they sell and you recieve the item, you test the item, you find it is good, you give your positive feedback. Now everyone reads the 100000+ positive feedbacks and thinks to confidently buy.
Two months later, you discover the Mac is behaving strange. 6 Months later it is dead.
You can't change the feedback, because it is too late.
The company has a good reputation and you are left with crap. It is very rare, that people then later make a thread about Ebay-seller-shop-X and complain. Also no one googles, if someone did comment on a shop on Ebay, after leaving the feedback.

I wish I could have warned other people for the car-workshop (the sold the window with the work that has to be done), I once let put in my new car window. It lastet 2 Months, the feedback was positive. I had an invoice so I could force the workshop to do it better (this is German law, a seller/craftsman has three times to make things better, when he has produced ****, if he can't fix it the third time, he has to sell the price that it costed you for letting it do in another workshop).

Now, every summer the rubber comes out.
When I went ther after two month to let it repair, I met another costumer outside, who had a problem with them. If I had have the chance to post my experience on Ebay, the customer would probably have been saved.

If any Germans or Dutch are reading this, it was "Autoglas-mobil" not far away of the dutch boarder in Mühlheim an der Ruhr (near Oberhausen, NRW).

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Just I'd imagined, all the hype and excitement is gone and my unit is still nowhere to be seen.
Anyone else out there still waiting delivery?

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Is your tracking number showing anything? I am excited to see if people got any more good ones.
It showed that it originated in Sunnyvale CA, made its way east, was scanned at Hogkins IL and Elsmere KY. There was one more stop before it was passed off to Canada customs somewhere in eastern Canada, since then not a peep.
I do not expect to hear anything now until it arrives, just find this shipping pattern really odd considering I'm located a bit over 800 miles north of where the package started from on the west coast.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
It showed that it originated in Sunnyvale CA, made its way east, was scanned at Hogkins IL and Elsmere KY. There was one more stop before it was passed off to Canada customs somewhere in eastern Canada, since then not a peep.
I do not expect to hear anything now until it arrives, just find this shipping pattern really odd considering I'm located a bit over 800 miles north of where the package started from on the west coast.

Well I hope that it shows up soon in good condition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.