Looking for LAN Coop game recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by NewClassicMac, May 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. NewClassicMac macrumors newbie

I would like to introduce my 2 sons to LAN games. I have a bunch from over the years that are LAN games, but it is always capture the flag or kill each other.
    I would like to find a few cool coop games that we can play locally. I haven't found any in the forums or via the App Store so I thought maybe someone here has found something fun. We are running a couple of iMacs and a MacBook Pro. Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

Look into: Castle Crashers, Left 4 Dead series (if age appropriate), Torchlight 2, Diablo 3, Overcooked 2

3. NewClassicMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank-you! I was able to get Modern Warfare 3 to run and I am trying to get the App store's Borderlands 2 to work through Game Center, but so far no luck. It looks like we have some fun games to try out.

4. Janichsan macrumors 68000

Janichsan

Portal 2. Great non-violent puzzle co-op.

5. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

BL2 is AMAZING. So much content. One of my favorite games of all-time, but I was playing it on PC and Xbox 360/One. According to Aspyr, their port of BL2 on the App Store doesn't feature multiplayer: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/203396134-Borderlands-2-Mac-FAQ

... which is pretty poor.