Looking for light weight carry bag for 10.5

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by davidinva, Oct 30, 2017.

1. davidinva macrumors 6502a

i recently got an iPad Pro 10.5 and with case it is just a bit too large to fit in either of my two most used bags. I purchased a small messenger bag which is the correct size but is heavier than I like. (The 10.5 with case is heavier than I expected.). I am not a backpack person. Suggestions?

2. azentropy macrumors 68020

azentropy

Not sure what you are looking for, but I really like the Case Logic bag that was originally designed for netbooks. Cant' find the version I have but a check on Staples shows a similar one.

3. TinyChip, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017

TinyChip macrumors regular

I got the Amazon Basics 11.9 inch Laptop/Tablet bag. It’s a slim bag, very lightweight, with a divided interior, outside zipper pocket, inside pockets and pen loop, and adequate cushioning for a tablet. I use this bag for my 10.5. I’ve even managed to squeeze in a legal pad (8.5x11in). I paid $12 for it last year.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DUGZFA6/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_Sha-zb9Q3270S

4. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I've got an old Tucano Vertical Workout bag that can take my MacBook Pro 13" and iPad Pro 10.5.
    If you google "Tucano Vertical Workout", there are some newer derivatives of it around, but it doesn't look like they do it anymore on their site. The below seems to be the newer option.

http://www.tucano.com/en/products/bags/dritta-vertical.html?color=Black

5. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

6. willmtaylor macrumors G4

willmtaylor

Check out Tom Bihn bags. They have high quality messengers and backpacks of several sizes.

Timbuk2 is also pretty stellar.

7. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I use a Tom Bihn daylight briefcase or their Medium Cafe Bag to carry mine in. Very light, good organization for other items and I like how they look. I like the halcyon material but it can be a little floppy. The ballistic material holds its shape better
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/briefcases-and-messenger-bags

8. rui no onna macrumors 604

rui no onna

I use Kipling. Very lightweight. The specific model I have is called Alvar, iirc. Granted, not sure if one can consider it unisex. It's my regular purse and it was a welcome surprise that it was able to fit the iPad Air and subsequent 10" class models (I've had the bag for years).

9. Brewc macrumors member

Ideally, I think bag companies overlook one important aspect of an iPad/laptop bag, padding. If it’s not padded on the bottom of the sleeve on the bag or backpack where iPad goes then your still throwing said iPad against the ground.