Looking for the "best" iPod Touch Case

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by nintendofreak93, Jul 7, 2008.

1. nintendofreak93 macrumors regular

I just won a new, never been opened ipod touch 32 gig on ebay for 400 dollars (that is with shipping and handling) :)
    I am looking for a great case and screen protector. I would like it to be a leather case and that has a flap. and then please just tell me of good protectors for the screen to buy for it, or if you even NEED to buy one for it. thanks.

-nf93-

2. Grantselrich macrumors newbie

3. drfp25 macrumors member

invisible shield

I have the Invisible Shield (zagg.com) and really like it. You can barely tell it's there and it really wasn't that bad to put on. Plus it has a lifetime warranty. If you decide to get one from them pm me and I can send you a discount code.

4. Impulse29 macrumors member

I think that the case-mate cases are the best ones out there, especially for the money. They fit the iPod really well and they are excellent quality. I bought mine at Best Buy and after about 6 months of constant use, it's still holding up nicely.

5. chickenselects macrumors newbie

check out the cases at

http://www.contourcase.com/

even though its not leather....

I just bought the showcase touch for $18 on amazon :) I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

6. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

I use the Contour Showcase for the Touch along with the Power Support Crystal Film Set screen protectors. The case maintains the slim look of the Touch, and has covered openings for the USB cable and headphones. The screen protectors are very easy to apply, and don't have adhesive on them. I've been very happy with them so far.

7. effort900 macrumors newbie

I bought a DLO at Best Buy. It is black and you can wrap the cord on the back and has two little holes for the earbuds. I really like it because it keeps everything nice and tidy. No cords wrapped arouund the Touch etc.....It also comes with a thin plastic sheet you place on the glass (face) of the Touch to protect from scratches. I think it was $25 or $30. I would reccomend it!

8. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

what one do u use?

9. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

i really like the countour showcase. i just wish they sold it at either target, walmart, bestbuy, or circuit city. do they?

10. thrice macrumors newbie

thrice

I use an Incase slider and the Power Support Crystal Film. So far it's been great, especially the Crystal Film

11. tymmini macrumors newbie

can anyone who uses powersupport silicon jacket tell me if it gets in the way of the on/off power button?

12. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I have a 16gb and I protect it with an invisible shield. I just had mine replaced last week so, I can definitely say it comes off without much goop. A little rubbing and windex can get whats left over off. I also have an Incase Leather Sleeve for it Link to Apple. Although it does not have a flap, I find it to be a very convenient case. I don't really think one would need to have a cover over the screen if you already have a good screen cover.

A coupon code for the invisible shield (add it at checkout) is pcworld20 (I found it on the internet and have used it twice with no problems and there are no limitations on how many times it can be used.) It will take 20% off your entire purchase.

13. EC.. macrumors newbie

EC..

I use the Belkin Leather Folio on my iPod Touch. I love it. It's best if you wan the style of case where you want the screen protected...but not by one of the flims. I like leaving it how it should be. =)

14. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

i am debating on the countor showcase, incase slider, or dlo hipcase. out of those 3, which one?

15. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

Incase slider all the way :D It makes the ipod touch look amazing..especially the white :)

16. niele macrumors member

i've got the leather flap case from Piel Frama (www.pielframa.com) and absolutely love it. No problems with the magnet and it keeps my touch protected. I've had mine for about 3 to 4 months and it is as new condition still. Even comes with slots inside (one which has a cleaner cloth for touch in it). Really great customer service too. Check it out.... :D

17. thrice macrumors newbie

thrice

I've got the new Orange one, sexy as hell ;)

18. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

okay, i will probably get the hipcase folio because it wont scrath your ipod, unlike the incase slider which will scratch when you take it in and out.
    is the hipcase made of cheap leather? i want to buy the perfect case, so i dont regret anything.

19. Eärendil Guest

Power Support's white silicone jacket looks just like the incase slider but it is made out of (oh really?) silicone, so it won't scratch your ipod.

It comes with the crystal film set for both the front and back of the iPod, and with a dock connector cover.

20. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

^^^ is that what you use? it looks pretty good.

21. szsz macrumors newbie

22. thenewguy macrumors regular

what is so special about the slide case as opposed to say the Neoprene one from Incase? It seems like it just doesn't cover the whole thing. I'm sure I'm missing somehting

23. Grantselrich macrumors newbie

Trust me the DLO is the way to go. I have it myself and I know its made of a high quality leather and the flap protects the screen very well. although the ipod touch screen wont get scratched unless you take a chainsaw to it (Refer to this http://youtube.com/watch?v=kzbxpSwDetk&feature=related ) its really nice and soft yet hard. I highly recommend you get it

24. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks. i think i am getting this. and you are reffering to the hipcase folio, correct? thanks to all for the answers! my ipod should be in thursday - saturday! :D