Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
It is - it has the title of this thread, if that is what you meant?

Yeah I tried Game and application sharing several times; maybe I just wasn't doing it right... I usually like to conduct experiments to see if they will work but I've never quite cracked port forwarding. Didn't do so on the belkin either.

Ah I missed it... I'm a moron... ;)

Can you post a screenshot of Game and Application Sharing?

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
Here you go:

And can I just say, I never expected to have so much help from you guys tonight. It doesn't usually happen anywhere else I've been! :cool::apple:

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPG
    Picture 1.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 40

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Glad to help... I would now click on "Assign a game or application..."

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
I've done that but it takes me to a list of apps but my BT client isn't there, which I know from before if I click on the blue arrows.

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPG
    Picture 1.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 42

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
In the middle, you click on "Click here" to create a new service for your BT client.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Hmmm, your router appears to have uPNP enabled. I think that's all Transmission needs to open its ports. :confused:

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Hmmm, your router appears to have uPNP enabled. I think that's all Transmission needs to open its ports. :confused:

Yeah, I saw that, but I had an older router that wouldn't accept uPnP commands before. Considering the OP's comments on it, it may be a flaky implementation.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
Yes I know and I am mystified too as it says 'port closed' in the prefs of transmission, even if I go to the next step of the router and key in a port number - then again I have no idea what port number I use for torrents.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
I have done that now (clicked on click here) and now I need to enter port numbers. I will then need to put those port numbers in tranmission.apps preferences.

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPG
    Picture 1.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 36

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
EDIT:

Anyone know of Lighthouse.app?

It's for port mapping and i set it up and it seems to be working but I need to test it with a torrent first.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
There is no Advanced tab in that program.:confused:

Sorry we seem to be crossing lines here... maybe if you want to have my AIM or msn? Sorry about this...

It says port closed no matter what i do... so its fruitless.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Transmission should tell you if the port is open (and which port it is). Just go into the preferences.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 32

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
It doesn't. Nope. Not working. It does not show the number or anything. I've tried everything and I had a go at at on the router side but NOPE. Sorry but i'm just SO fed up of it.

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPG
    Picture 1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 44

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
Going now but thanks for the help... you really helped me with the router stuff I need to do when I get it. As said the internet speeds good its just my internal wifi which is a PITA. The benefit i'll get out of that is superb, especially on 5Ghz!

Thanks, its late in little old UK :p

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Going now but thanks for the help... you really helped me with the router stuff I need to do when I get it. As said the internet speeds good its just my internal wifi which is a PITA. The benefit i'll get out of that is superb, especially on 5Ghz!

Thanks, its late in little old UK :p

You're welcome. :) I'm still working in the US EST (7:30p here). I want food and to go home and watch Home Improvement.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
This is how mine is setup. I have a 2Wire DSL modem/wireless router that I connect my Airport Extreme to. I have the 2Wire work as a G network for the two iPhones in my house (me and wife) and also my Xbox360. Then the Airport Extreme is in N-only mode at 5ghz to use for mine and the wife's MacBooks as well as my AppleTV. I also have one Airport Express N on the other side of the house where my AppleTV is to extend the network. Works great when we are using the laptops in that part of the house.

I actually was surprised everything works and can talk to each other. My iPhone still works fully when using the Remote app so I can control my iTunes library from my MBP in the office and use the AppleTV as an AirTunes if I want to. I think the way I initially set it up factored in this as the 2Wire is providing DHCP to everything (including the AEBS) so everything is on a subnet (I think).

My setup is a complete mess, I know, but oh well.

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
UK
This is how mine is setup. I have a 2Wire DSL modem/wireless router that I connect my Airport Extreme to. I have the 2Wire work as a G network for the two iPhones in my house (me and wife) and also my Xbox360. Then the Airport Extreme is in N-only mode at 5ghz to use for mine and the wife's MacBooks as well as my AppleTV. I also have one Airport Express N on the other side of the house where my AppleTV is to extend the network. Works great when we are using the laptops in that part of the house.

I actually was surprised everything works and can talk to each other. My iPhone still works fully when using the Remote app so I can control my iTunes library from my MBP in the office and use the AppleTV as an AirTunes if I want to. I think the way I initially set it up factored in this as the 2Wire is providing DHCP to everything (including the AEBS) so everything is on a subnet (I think).

My setup is a complete mess, I know, but oh well.

Thanks soLoredd, you really put me at ease there. I think I know what to do now, now I just need to get this piece of kit then I'm sweet! :D

Thanks again to everyone in the thread.:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.