looking to sell my MBP.. is it worth it or just keep it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spacemanps, Dec 31, 2010.

1. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

so i have a MBP, its the non unibody. It has a 2.4 intel core duo 2, has 4 gigs of ram, 200gb hd and no scratches or problems what so ever.

im debating selling it and scooping up a 13inch mbp same specs but the uni body

2. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I would track a few sales of the same model on ebay to see what they are going for. Then decide if it is worth getting a new one, or a new 2011 model. The later models have a much better color gamut and trackpad and can take up to 8 gig of ram - if you need more in the performance department

3. darknite38 macrumors regular

Umm, does your computer work fine for you? If so, keep it.

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

Not sure what the point is. The 15 inch has a much better screen than the 13 inch. Processor seems to be about the same.

5. elctropro macrumors newbie

I would just keep it and wait for the big jump in quality. The specs are the same, so you're good to last another 4 or so years.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Not exactly. The newer MBP's have a faster bus speed (and possibly more cache too).

7. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Funny how people respond to the OP without knowing what he uses his computer for. If he does a lot of processor intensive tasks, then he would be better served getting a newer-faster computer. But to say that his computer is good for another 4 years or so totally depends on what he does with it. 4+ years is a lifetime for a laptop! I have a late 2008 Unibody and I've pretty much maxed it out.