Looks like BGR.com was right

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfyrfytr25, Jul 24, 2010.

1. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/07/22/apple-moving-through-ipad-iphone-4-waiting-lists-could-sell-1000000-devices/

Above is a link to an article this week by BGR. They said apple was planning a massive push this weekend to clear out all ipad and iphone reserve lists at the retail stores.

To test this, last night at 4:30PM I called my local apple store in the Chicagoland area and made a reservation for an iphone 4. I was told that the wait is about 3 weeks at the moment and I would get an email when it is in.

I woke up this morning and sure enough, there is an email saying I can come pick up my phone.

Obviously this is just one story and who knows if it was a fluke, but it does not seems coincidental following that story from BGR.

Anyone else getting emails today to pick up their iphones earlier than expected?

2. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

That'd be awesome, if it's true.

I was able to buy one out-right this morning in the Apple Store in Baton Rouge, LA.

3. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

You went all the way from Charlotte to Baton Rouge for an iPhone 4? That's dedication:D

4. PetitBourgeois macrumors member

I was able to get on the waiting list at 10:10 AM EST today, so I'm not sure.

From a BGR comment:

5. illutionz macrumors 65816

I put my name with the only Apple Store in RI YESTERDAY and I got my phone today.

Some people on the line put their name 2 days ago and a week ago... also got it today :D

6. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I bought mine at the AT&T store in Cincinnati Norwood yesterday. I have been told that it will be in my hands in a week. We shall see. We shall see.

7. Snaaake! macrumors member

Thought this would be the case with me, priority list yesterday and no emaIl today. whored myself out to a ton of stores today, to apparently no avail. Where are the purported by BGR shipments for Long Island NY? I thought we were like the center of the universe!:p

8. quarmace macrumors newbie

Got on the list Monday for 2 16gb iphones at Short Pump mall in richmond, got the email this morning. Still waiting on a 32gb though.

BGR called it.

9. Dany M macrumors 6502

So what does this mean to people who ordered off att.com?

10. Hing macrumors regular

I put my name on the list yesterday. Still no email yet

11. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I can confirm this is true for my apple store as well. I put my name on the priority list last night, and got the "pick up now" email this morning. They got a ton in stock overnight to fulfill the priority list reservations. Apple is really turning up production. BTW my Apple store is in Victor, NY.

12. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

It seems like every Apple Store but mine is getting huge shipments in. This Apple Store is in the second largest mall in America, so how could they not get shipments?? The priority list is probably longer than most. I'm still crossing my fingers for tomorrow!

13. burton212 macrumors newbie

14. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

HaHa..

15. nioted macrumors regular

i can confirm this. Got on the list on 7/22, got the email today 7/24! Menlo Park Mall, NJ. 32GB black

16. Hing macrumors regular

Do they tell everyone it's goignt o be 3 weeks?

17. Hing macrumors regular

Do they send email through out the day or just in the morning?

18. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

Hahaha, I'm in Lafayette (hour west of BTR) for the summer. :p

19. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Yes, four friends who ordered Tuesday & Wednesday were notified this morning & got their iP4's today. There were huge lines in the store, all last minute notifications. Word leaked out that Apple was hoarding inventory to create an artificial "shortage" to create a false public perception. Once they were discovered, Apple was forced to sell them.

20. mike1123 macrumors 6502

mike1123

King of Prussia? Yeah, I checked there and Suburban Square. I ended up just ordering through AT&T. They said the wait time will probably be less than a week.

21. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

That's the one. I'll just order through AT&T if nothing comes in by Monday. I still think the rumor may have some merit, so I took my chances!

22. brown.eyed.girl macrumors member

Called the Chicago Apple store today and I was told there are no more priority lists, can't put a name down, but try calling or coming in early next week.

23. dvrmstrng macrumors 6502

current wait time from AT&T is less than a week, but apple says 3?

24. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

Sweet! Someone else from Cincy, did you try Apple Store at Kenwood Mall? I was there Friday for my MBP and they seemed slow. I asked if they had any iPhone 4 in stock, and he said a few but things have slowed down.....Let me know when you get it and we'll set up a FaceTime.

25. dvrmstrng macrumors 6502

have called 3 best buys, and 5 at&t stores..nada.

apple store says no walk ins and 3 weeks on a wait list.