Looks like Leopard is coming out later this month

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bluedoggiant, Sep 7, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

well its about the season for leopard, and their last build was given like 2 weeks ago, and they need 4-6 weeks fir intensive testing before they make it public, and so looks like it shud be coming out later this month!!!!! :)

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I hope so, but wouldn't count on it.

I think the devs will see one more final build

Since everyone is expecting Oct. 30th, even the first half of October would be a pleasant surprise.

3. projectle macrumors 6502

Yep, have fun with that line of thought.

Remember, Apple CAN say that it is "released", however will ship in 1-3 weeks or buy it now on new systems shipping today.

For all systems currently in store, take it over to the Genius Bar and they will upgrade it to 10.5 for you for no charge, immediately. You will get your own installation discs in 1-3 weeks.

That is what happened to me when Tiger came out... My Powerbook G4 (at the time) came with 10.3 even though 10.4 was "out". They had no discs so the Genius Bar installed it for me from their trusty Firewire Hard drives.

Think whatever you want though.

Just remember that last time around we saw weekly builds for a MONTH prior to a GA build.

4. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

okay, i REALLY believe leopard's coming out this month, or early october!!!

god i cant wait till this screen hits my future 24 imac!!![​IMG]

5. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

6. Queso macrumors G4

I think they'll announce the launch date at the Paris Expo, which means anyone buying a Mac after then will get the upgrade offer, but Leopard will still be out towards the end of October.

7. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

probably, but looks like their doing the intensive testing part!!!

8. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Did you just pick that date out of thin air or what? It isn't even a Tuesday!

TS

9. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I'd be happy with that Friday over the next Tues, but I still think available for order the 30th, in stores / shipping the next weekend.

10. Simon R. macrumors 6502

That makes sense :rolleyes: Why September or late October - and not early/mid October?

That aside, I belive it will be mid/late October at the earliest.

11. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

oops, i meant late september or early october, theyve been working on leopard on a while and delayed it, it cant be any longer

12. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Historically, Apple has released the past several versions of OS X on a Friday evening @ 6PM, with launch parties happening at all Apple stores.

Smart money is on October 26 @ 6PM.

13. tmoney468 macrumors 6502a

14. l33r0y macrumors 6502

You may have something there! :cool:

15. Queso macrumors G4

No. It would mean the European launch couldn't be until 10th May next year :p

16. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

I've heard the 10.5 argument a few times now; that has to make it accurate, doesn't it? :)

All kidding aside; what's this deal with getting the upgrade as an option? Does that mean that you can order online after the release date is announced; they'll ship your machine with 10.4 on it, and send you out the 10.5 discs once they're stamped out?

17. beg_ne macrumors 6502

I have to say, Leopard is really coming together, it looks really nice. I just hope Apple finishes updating the scrollbars and such that are still the old as tar aqua theme. If they do that i'll be extremely happy with Leopard.

18. Queso macrumors G4

In the past that's exactly what happens. You can either take your receipt into an Apple store and they give you the upgrade disk, or you register online and they ship it to you (they charge a shipping cost for that option though).

19. Will_reed macrumors 6502

Will_reed

I like the aqua scroll bars.

20. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

for the record, only mac os x v.10.1 was released on a tuesday. the last three releases (jaguar, panther and tiger) were released on fridays, and jaguar (v.10.2) was released at 10:20pm. lots of things are possible. ;)

21. beg_ne macrumors 6502

Well it's not like their the WORST thing in the world, but we've had them for how many years without change? Both iTunes and iPhoto both seem to be pointing away from the aqua scrollbars so it would be nice to see their look extend to the rest of the OS for Leopard.

22. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

There's still time, it's Tuesday. It will be coming out in the next 41 minutes (eastern time!).

23. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

now there's wishful thinking if I've ever heard it. :)

24. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

When is photokina? i'm expecting an aperture update.

25. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

If its released at Photokina, you're gonna be waiting a while. Photokina is held every 2 years (at least according to its wikipedia entry), and it was held last year. The next one is scheduled for Sept 23-28, 2008.