Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christall109

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
I was flipping through the channels yesterday and feeling a little nostalgic, I ended up watching the Disney Channel. It just so happened that the 1999 Disney Channel Original Movie, Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century, was on and since there was nothing else on I decided to watch this old childhood movie in its entirety.

I remember when I was little I use to dream of having a "Zap Pad" like the characters had in the film (refer to the pictures below). It was a a communicator, gaming device, and all around encompassing gadget. It of course hit me, that this is EXACTLY the capability of Apple's iPhone, yet even more promising Tablet or iSlate.

The "Zap Pad" is about a 7"-10" screen that the character video chat each other with. Looks like Disney got the concept right and was right on the money when it came to predicting this future gadget. (The film also references the great stock market crash of 2008. I had to chuckle at the accuracy of such a statement.)

Am I just months away from being able to actually use my favorite childhood sci-fi fictional gadget?

And for those of you that are going to say- "What Tablet?"- I don't want to hear it. It exist. It will be coming. Have you not been reading every gadget blog for the past 4 months?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 391
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 629
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,436
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,246
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 747

christall109

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Zedus lapedus!!

They finally did it with iPhone 4!

I can't wait to get my zap-pad next week. My childhood favorite gadget is now a reality!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.