Loose rMBP Trackpad Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boto, Jul 9, 2012.

1. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Hey guys, I hope you can help me confirm this issue I'm having. I was wondering if it is it normal for the rMBP to possess a clicking sound when tapping gently onto the bottom right section of the trackpad without depressing the key. I am receiving a feint looseness when slowly tapping onto the right side and makes a clicking sound that varies on the pressure you inflict. I know I am being paranoid about this and it is a minor issue, but I can't stand this noise it makes on one side, yet my left side of the trackpad remains solid and silent. Also, I visited the Apple store twice to see whether they can diagnose the issue and I receive the same response that it is not "reproducible" or "it is working in normal condition," which I find it BS because my friends' Macs don't have the problem and I showed them a video of the issue as well.

Here is a link to the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg7HQFDJfBg&feature=plcp

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I don't see anything, but if the trackpad moves with lightest touch, take it to Apple then.

3. boto thread starter macrumors 6502

boto

Listen closely to the tapping clicks when I move my fingers to the bottom right area. It is a very noticeable clicking noise.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Then take it to Apple.

5. boto thread starter macrumors 6502

boto

As I stated in my OP, I visited the Apple Store twice.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Call AppleCare... that is not normal obviously

7. Asherpotter macrumors member

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Yours is clearly defective. AppleCare will most certainly take care of it for you.

I've had nothing but great experiences with them over the years. In fact that's the very reason I never buy a new Mac without it.