Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m4r10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Hi and Happy Holidays! My wife gifted me an iPad Pro and just noticed yesterday that it has a loose volume up button. This up volume button is lower then the down button; it's still operational but being such a expensive device I wonder if I should ask for a replacement. After searching I have seen that the general consensus (for other products) is to forget about returning it in fear of receiving a more defective unit. I have to say other then this issue this is a perfect iPad. So I'm wondering if any of you have any final wisdom or advice: should I be happy and forget this or is it my right to ask for a new model?

PattyMc

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Congrats on your new Christmas gift! I would exchange it if there is anything at all that's not as it should be, once you notice a problem then it will always bother you, or at least it does me, lol.

Take it to an Apple Store and open the replacement there, make sure it's acceptable before you leave.

Let us know how it's going with your new IPP, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine, hard for me to use any other iPad now, they look so small after using the Pro.

m4r10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Congrats on your new Christmas gift! I would exchange it if there is anything at all that's not as it should be, once you notice a problem then it will always bother you, or at least it does me, lol.

Take it to an Apple Store and open the replacement there, make sure it's acceptable before you leave.

Let us know how it's going with your new IPP, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine, hard for me to use any other iPad now, they look so small after using the Pro.

Thanks for your reply Patty.

Following your advise I called Apple. After explaining the situation I was to be put on hold for 2 minutes. After like 5 minutes the call was disconnected.

I decided to call again. This time this other representative was recommending the iPad be verified by an apple authorized store where I live (I have no Apple Store near me). And the called got disconnected again.

A couple of minutes later this second representative calls me back. Again she recommends me to take this iPad to an apple authorized store technician to check for repairs. I was about to ask why not just get a new iPad sent to me and return this one but the call got disconnected again.

Haven't been called back. Tomorrow I will call this apple authorized store and ask what they think about this.

Reactions: PattyMc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.