Los Angeles iPad lines

Discussion in 'iPad' started by luvmac, Mar 16, 2011.

1. luvmac macrumors newbie

Anyone has been lined up in the past few days? How is your experience? I went to the Grove this morning, line was form in front of Banana Republic. There are maybe 40+ people by 7.30.

I'm thinking of going to Beverly Center but I don't know if they allow me to get into the mall early. Anyone know?

2. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

I went to Century City, got there at 7:40, and there were around 20 people. 10 minutes later, they told us they didn't have any AT&T versions and only one Verizon version. Since I was trying to exchange my 16GB White AT&T, I left. My friend went to Sherman Oaks and was able to get me a 64GB Black Verizon. I'm keeping this one.

3. Virtute macrumors member

4. ma1234 macrumors newbie

A bunch of LA-area Targets got iPads in overnight. By chance, my closest Target to downtown received five of the one model I wanted, the 64gb WiFi white. I was thinking there might people lined up at 8am, but zilch. Walked right over to electronics and picked one up. I would check the Target stocks nightly (see page eight of the Target sticky thread). They are very accurate.

5. splitzkreen macrumors newbie

I was at the Glendale Galleria store this morning but they only had 10 total :(

Anyone have any luck at other stores?

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

A little out of the LA area, but Santa Barbara store had some the last two mornings.

Yesterday, mostly some Verizon (mixed models), and a 16 GB wifi.

Went again this morning a bit earlier (7:00), was 2nd in line and got the last (of two, I believe) 32GB wifi black (YAY!). All they had today were 32 and 16GB wifi models. There were probably 12-15 units total (just a guess based on the line, which ended up being 40-50 total by 9:00). No 3G models at all. They said they were expecting more tomorrow, though no guarantees (of course).

I was going to spring for the 64GB (up from my iPad one's 32GB), but was just as happy to get the 32GB. No more hunting for iffy stock at the various stores. No month long wait through online.

From what I've gleened from all the availability threads here is that Apple Stores seem to be getting the most consistent shipments - but, you need to get there early. I was frustrated at the area Targets (Ventura, in particular) because they didn't have the stock which had an "available" status online. I visited one in person, just in case, but found none.

7. jeffs177 macrumors member

I was at the Manhattan Beach store today and they only had a total of 20 or so. One Verizon and the rest 32-64gb wifi. There had to be at least 75 people in line, but they only got about 10 people deep because everyone bought two :(

8. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

I'm surprised apple isn't limiting ipad sales to 1

9. jeffs177 macrumors member

They said they were there since 2am, but true, it should be limited to one for now.

10. splitzkreen macrumors newbie

Ugh...

was at the Glendale store for the 4th time in a row and still none...

Monday: none
    Tuesday: "No iPads today"
    Wednesday: "Only Verizon iPads"
    Thursday: "we only have 10"
    Friday: keeping my fingers crossed

I don't know if i should go back tomorrow. I'm looking for a 16gig and a 32 gig wifi version.

The apple store dude told me to keep coming to the same store everyday and hold on a bit more that it'll come soon....

I'm starting to feel that this is an exercise in futility :(

11. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Well, if you keep showing up you could get on good terms with an employee and they could help you soon.