Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kognito

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2011
From a UK perspective, the worry is that any new machine will carry a massive price premium (given our currency collapse). The current MacBook Pro is still a decent machine, and has a range of useful ports (unlike the Macbook). I'm disappointed that it has not yet been massively discounted, but might yet buy one when the latest, shiniest, and hugely expensive, MacBook is finally released.

Seems like that's pretty much a guarantee at this point. Prices rose for iPhone, iPad, etc between 10 and 25% so I guess we're looking at £1099 for the base 13-inch MBP and £2199 for the top end 15-inch, best case scenario. Worst case? £1199 and £2399 respectively? Wonder if those prices would come down should the currency rebound any time soon or if they'd be the traditional sticky Apple prices?

Still100

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2011
From a UK perspective, the worry is that any new machine will carry a massive price premium (given our currency collapse). The current MacBook Pro is still a decent machine, and has a range of useful ports (unlike the Macbook). I'm disappointed that it has not yet been massively discounted, but might yet buy one when the latest, shiniest, and hugely expensive, MacBook is finally released.

I think the uk prices are going to be so bad, you'll wish you never waited.

Reactions: Samuelsan2001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.