Lost iPhone help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ralderton, Oct 23, 2014.

1. ralderton macrumors newbie

hi folks, first post here

I lost my iPhone 4S a couple of days ago. I've set it to Lost Mode, but it's not turning up on Find My iPhone - either because it's out of battery or not connected to the 'net (I'm on holiday abroad, and data roaming is turned off), or perhaps I never turned on that facility :-( . There's no passcode on the phone.

I've changed my iCloud password, along with all the other passwords I use for apps on my phone, and I've blocked the SIM with my provider. I've also had my bank revoke access via the iPhone app.

I'm mostly concerned about my emails. Will the mail app ask the person who finds it for the new iCloud password and then fail to let him in? Or will it still give him access to the existing emails indefinitely?

Anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

If the phone isn't locked, I would imagine anyone would be able to access your emails, unless you changed your email passwords. If you are like me, you have more than one account, so be sure to change them all.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

E-mail is synchronized down to the mail app and will be on the phone indefinitely. A new password will prevent new messages from appearing on the phone.

Does Lost Mode lock the phone even though you don't have a passcode?

4. ralderton thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess existing messages (several years' worth) will stay on the phone though? I was hoping mail would block access to these until the new password was entered.

(I remember, a couple of times in the past, I went to the mail app to find no emails in there, just the sign-up screen. I re-entered my password and all was restored.)

I've set Lost Mode, but I can't be sure the command will reach the phone. Maybe the finder won't connect it to wifi. It's also possible that Find My iPhone wasn't enabled in the first place, I can't remember.

5. Alex88 macrumors newbie

Lost iPhone

Sorry to hear that, especially as I've been there A FEW times before myself, but never while being abroad! Both times I've lost my iPhone, I logged into a computer and located it with iCloud, but apparently that's not an option for you :( So if you can't track it, then I'd say to contact the service provider for that phone to see if they have any solutions and also search online for 'find iphone without icloud' where you'll find some info on it. In addition, I think you can do something with the serial number if you have it. However, if you can't eventually find the phone and don't want to change your email address, try contacting your email provider to see if there's anything you can do? Like maybe resetting it, where a password would be required again to log-in on ALL devices ;) Hope it helps! Good Luck