Lost iphone retuned

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brookied, Aug 3, 2010.

1. brookied macrumors member

Hi all,
    So. Here is the story, a co worker of mine found an iPhone 16gb 3GS!!!!!!
    They came to me and asked if i could flash and unlock so they could have it. Taking the iPhone i had a look and found a load of pics etc...
    When i told my co worker i suggested to get it back to the owner, they just stated no to unlock for them to use!

So the following day i advised them that the GPS was activated during the night and the owner was using mobile me to look for the phone. I also added that due to this i contacted a number to get the phone back to the owner ( who was French judging by the language). Which i did text the mother of the phones owner.

They suitably crapper themselves and asked to have it back for a week, if nothing then they would bin the device!!!!!! Stupid bitch!!!! So before handing the unit back i got more numbers and duly returned the device to my co worker.

2 days passed with no reply but then the cousin of the owner who was a French exchange student visiting Ireland text me to advise the owner was desperate to have the unit returned. so i drove for two hours found the house where the student was living and dropped it of there to a gracious thank you.

Cool job done and owner happy to have iPhone back after a week or so being missing in a foreign land on his first visit.

so 3 weeks pass and the mother sends me a text stating how very grateful she was to me for retuning the iPhone and that my address was requested so that she could send me a package. So now to day, i get advised that said package was on route and that " for my returning of the phone and for being a honest person no expense was spared in my reward"

So i was happy enough to leave it as is but there is a package on the way, Now the guessing game begins, what will be delivered? Lol

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Nice to hear a story of someone who did the right thing instead of someone asking how they can jailbreak a new iphone 4 that they found. Good for you, I hope you get a nice reward.

3. 1 Cor. 15:26 macrumors member

A white flag.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If it's from the mom, I'm guessing some home baked goods and maybe a scarf :)

5. SmackP macrumors member

It will be an iPhone 4 16GB.

Or a cheesecake with pink icing and sprinkles...

6. brookied thread starter macrumors member

well i had mine nicked so losing an iphone is a bitch. must admit it felt good returning to the owner who was only a kid...:D

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

You will receive either a croissant or a prostitute!! Either way that will be awesome :D

8. brookied thread starter macrumors member

if only it was an iphone4, how cool would that be:D
    never gonna happen mind, i am thinking a box of chocs

9. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

It will be the head of the co-worker :eek:

/usual suspects style

10. Pharos macrumors member

It's hard to find honest people like him anymore. Probably 1 out of every 1 million. So you, sir, deserve a million bucks no less. ;)

11. brookied thread starter macrumors member

if you're offering sir then i can furnish any details you need;)

12. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

13. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

good work !!! probably a Top of the line MacBook Pro! and a iPhone 4! :p

14. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Good to see a win for the good guys. Sad to see your coworker wanted to be rather greedy instead of doing the right thing. Do you all have ethics programs where you work? :D

haha Perfect response.

I would of gone with "a surrender form letter with your name to be placed in the blank for 'victors name goes here'"

15. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I bet you'll get an itunes gift card or some kind of cool accessory! That's great on both your parts, good job op! If I ever lose my phone, hope youre the guy who finds it!

16. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

17. Hellafornia macrumors newbie

lol awesome i love that film, and yeah OP way to stack up on karma points, keep being a human being with a leveled head.

18. brookied thread starter macrumors member

i can not believe that my co worker said " i will throw it in a river if they dont respond in 7 days" jesus what a idiot.

Well when/if i do get my hands on another iphone, IF i lost it i only hope i get it back.... TBH there is little chance though. Most people would keep it

19. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Good karma for you dude. Plus, you avoided a possible felony (in California). :) I'd stay away from that coworker though. If he's keen on stealing someone's phone, what else is he doing?

20. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Sooo....

21. michaelfields macrumors regular

when I was skimming the page I saw this and thought it said Ya done goofed.

much more amusing that way.

22. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

good job...

It says alot about you and also the person who "found" the phone.

I personally would not be able to keep something that I know belonged to someone else without making a decent attempt to return it.

23. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

good for you for doing the right thing!!!

can't wait to see what's in the package?????

24. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

You can forget getting a job @ Gizmodo :D Great work, OP