Lost My 3G :( Buy Another now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Keva161, Jan 2, 2010.

  1. Keva161 macrumors member

    Jul 13, 2008
    I lost my 16GB Black 3G on NYE :( But I want another as their so damn addictive! I would buy a 3GS after saving up a bit but should I buy now or wait for the product refresh? When is it due to happen?
  2. archipellago macrumors 65816

    Aug 16, 2008

    i see you are in the UK, was it an O2 contract phone?
  3. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a


    Jan 26, 2009
    Caracas, Venezuela
    first of all, keep in mind that whatever everybody advices you here, it is your decision to be made, and it's up to you. because in the end, you're the one using the phone. and every person's needs from a phone are different.

    so my advice, is this:
    if you've lost all hope from finding it again you have two options:
    1. go buy an iPhone now. the plus side is that you're not keeping yourself iPhone-less and that's a blessing ;) the down side is that whatever model you get, in less than 6 months a new one is gonna come out, and if you liked it, u'll be wishing you didn't buy one now. but as you said, you have to save a bit to get one. so here comes the second option.

    2. save that bit and wait until june comes, and u'll be getting the 4th gen. which is gonna have a couple more features than the 3GS. and in the mean time, serve yourself with a cheap phone for now, i dont know, a nokia/motorola/lg/etc.

    so it's up to you. if you can hold for 6 months to get the latest release, then do it. if not, go knock yourself out with a brand new 3GS now :D

    hope it helped.

    PS. if it helps you more, my 1st gen iphone has a f***ed speaker now, i almost dont hear a thing, and it almost doesnt vibrate. (its gotten quite a few falls...) so, im holding myself with it until june, cz i know the 4th gen. its gonna be a killer. [im betting on a new outer design ;)]
  4. Keva161 thread starter macrumors member

    Jul 13, 2008
    No it was on PAYG.. £400 down the toilet all because of my stupid mistake to take it out grr

    Edit: Thanks for the advice ThE.MeSsEnGeR think ill tide myself over with a nokia or something.
  5. uaecasher macrumors 65816


    Jan 29, 2009
    Stillwater, OK
    I say wait, even my father wants one (he doesn't had any iphone) and I'm telling him to wait couple months
  6. jav6454 macrumors P6


    Nov 14, 2007
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    If you can wait 6 months then wait. However, keep in mind I only tell people to wait until March. I Tod you wait since you seem eager for new tech. However, buyig now is fine considering he timeline.
  7. theclug macrumors newbie

    Dec 20, 2009
    RE: Do you have insurance?

    Does your cell phone company offer insurance for the IPhone? I lost mine 3 weeks ago and now must pay $500.00 and sign a new contract in order to get another 3GS; it sucks. However, I have discovered various insurance companies that do cover the IPhone...www.safeware.com; so I would get it.

    Me, I have a corporate contract with AT&T and I am going to cancel it and pay an early termination fee.

    Best of luck.

  8. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000


    Jun 16, 2008
    if you can wait for 6 months without an urge of wishing you had an iPhone then do so. If not, pick up a 3GS or a 3G and you can sell it when the new one gets out. so you'll still have enough to get the 4th gen with maybe more left over if you are going to be up for an upgrade.
  9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604


    Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
  10. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

    Jul 30, 2009
    Personally, I'd wait.

    In my house we have bunch of old cell phones lying around, just would need to get a new sim and pop it.

    Actually I have my sidekick which I used in high school, damn I thought the phone was the **** back then. :eek:

Share This Page