Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Well its been quit a sad day for me actually, I am an employee at the Long Beach Airport in California and tonight at work I lost my iPhone. I post this not in hopes of an Angel returning it to me, but rather for everyone to just take a moment of silence for my fallen friend:(, we shared a lot of good moments together but all good things must come to an end;). . . Looks like a trip to the Apple Store lies ahead for me first thing in the morning. Does anyone know if they are readily available at the Apple Stores yet??

Sadly enough, this is the only memory I have of my pal.
Untitled.jpg

p.s. AHHHHH this sucks

Linuss

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
Don't know about availability, but man that sucks.

Probably a dumb question, but try calling it from an unknown number yet?

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
i live in long beach cali too.
go to the best buy in signal hill. they sell em.
and there's an att store on willow and cherry.
basically the same street as best buy.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
yeah I tried calling it, the thing that blows is that the batter was dead when I lost it. Who knows maybe someone that owns an Apple product charges it and answers sometime today or tomorrow morning.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I'm so sorry.

I'd go to the AT&T store on Bellflower next to the Circuit City in where Border's is. They had iPhones last time I was in there (another LB resident here).

Good luck!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You do realize it's just a phone right? I'm sorry you lost it, but it is just a phone.

Now, my question is that if you go to get another one will you have to pay full price?

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
People cry over these type of things......
GUILTY!
Ha.

I cracked up reading your sig by the way.

Ha Ha yeah I didn't cry, yet still very upset! and yes I will have to pay full price for the new phone. Jeez, I'm a college student you would think I would be able to get some sort of a price break...:rolleyes:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
People cry over these type of things......
GUILTY!
Ha.

I cracked up reading your sig by the way.

I know. I guess I'd be upset … well I know I would be, but it'd be due to the data on it, not the object. I feel bad for him though. Works at LB airport and lost his phone. Double Whammy!

Ha Ha yeah I didn't cry, yet still very upset! and yes I will have to pay full price for the new phone. Jeez, I'm a college student you would think I would be able to get some sort of a price break...:rolleyes:

I don't think they care if you're a college student when it comes to an item like this. I mean, I could walk in there with my diplomas and credit report and see if they'll cut me a break due to my student loan balances. ;)

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
I know. I guess I'd be upset … well I know I would be, but it'd be due to the data on it, not the object. I feel bad for him though. Works at LB airport and lost his phone. Double Whammy!

we all can't be ballers and and afford to lose an iphone every week and just be mildly upset.

some of us like myself and the OP who are college students while working. and working hard. we take pride and cherish the things we buy. when money is hard earned it gives you a different perspective on the way you want to spend your money.

walk a mile in ours.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA

I don't think they care if you're a college student when it comes to an item like this. I mean, I could walk in there with my diplomas and credit report and see if they'll cut me a break due to my student loan balances. ;)

Your right, I know there is no way I can get ANY sort of a deal from Apple. I might actually try a Best Buy, I used to work at the one on Clark and Del Amo while in high-school so i might check that out.

But hey, the Airport is actually a great place to work, you Long Beach folks may recognized the name "Legend's Sports Bar"? Yep the one down on 2nd street by the beach, Well they opened a "Legend's of Aviation" up stairs at the Long Beach Airport, with the same sport's focused theme. I'm currently a server up there and it is a fun job and helps me pay those AT&T bills.

Now a whammy! for you would be those student loans, glad my scholarship from Cal State allows me to not worry about educational expenses.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
we all can't be ballers and and afford to lose an iphone every week and just be mildly upset.

some of us like myself and the OP who are college students while working. and working hard. we take pride and cherish the things we buy. when money is hard earned it gives you a different perspective on the way you want to spend your money.

walk a mile in ours.

+100000
what school are you attending?

and SFStateStudent, yes I passcode locked it!

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
oh yeah? i know the lakewood branch. i actually work at the signal hill one. store 1119. merch team. i'd rather be on the floor selling but i've got school
everyday. anyways i think sergio moved to your store last year, iheard he
was a cool guy.

i might have to check out that bar, pfft i just have to till after i buy my
iphone then be broke for 2 weeks then pick up another paycheck.
sounds chill.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
oh yeah? i know the lakewood branch. i actually work at the signal hill one. store 1119. merch team. i'd rather be on the floor selling but i've got school
everyday. anyways i think sergio moved to your store last year, iheard he
was a cool guy.

i might have to check out that bar, pfft i just have to till after i buy my
iphone then be broke for 2 weeks then pick up another paycheck.
sounds chill.

Yeah you should check it out.

I worked there from around 04 to 06, store 127!! crazy, however it was a few years back, when Earl was the GM. I was in Media at the time then switched to Car-Fi before I left. The signal hill store was barley being built when I was at Lakewood.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

walk a mile in ours.

Walk a mile? Buddy, you better step back and realize that you're going to be far better off in life if you resist your stupid assumptions. Please! :rolleyes: The mile I'll never walk is the mile of entitlement you somehow feel because you're furthering your education. If that is not what you're doing then that is how you're coming off. Perception is often reality. The mile I have walked is a mile you'll never walk because you appear to be quite lazy to me. You'll never know where I've been or what I've done. What I wrote, and what you clearly missed, was my reality and I'm happy to be in debt for what I've accomplished. Wait for it, you'll see what I mean.

I never said it wasn't a matter of money, I simply said it was an object and a luxury item. The iphone is not a necessary tool in life. To the extent an iPhone is a necessary tool, it will always be a luxury item.

Elven

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
UK
Walk a mile? Buddy, you better step back and realize that you're going to be far better off in life if you resist your stupid assumptions. Please! :rolleyes: The mile I'll never walk is the mile of entitlement you somehow feel because you're furthering your education. If that is not what you're doing then that is how you're coming off. Perception is often reality. The mile I have walked is a mile you'll never walk because you appear to be quite lazy to me. You'll never know where I've been or what I've done. What I wrote, and what you clearly missed, was my reality and I'm happy to be in debt for what I've accomplished. Wait for it, you'll see what I mean.

I never said it wasn't a matter of money, I simply said it was an object and a luxury item. The iphone is not a necessary tool in life. To the extent an iPhone is a necessary tool, it will always be a luxury item.

Can I ask what you study?

Nicely wrote btw.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008

here.

Best_Cookie-20.jpg

your first response sounded like an arrogant spoiled rich kid oblivious to hard earnings
of the lower-middle class. pretty much just sounded like an as shole. so pardon my
assumption. i try not to think too hard online and didn't want to empathize with the
first response. i'll try to give people the benefit of the doubt when i think they're
being a jerk.
that job's taken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.