Lost Odyssey- Thumbs Up or Down?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Huntn, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Well I did a search on "Odyssey" in this forum and turned up no related threads. If I missed it please point me at it.

I briefly played Lost Odyssey (xbox360), the turn based, fantasy RPG. Nope I did not like it from the start. Combat was awful, being very repititious. In comparison while Mass Effect combat is not perfect, it feels more dynamic than LO. Mass Effect is playable. Also I prefer open worlds and Lost Odyssey does not do "open" it does "alleys". The movies and cut scenes are awesome, but I would not buy this game to watch a movie, got it to play! :)

2. evan g macrumors regular

Well I've never played it, but I have heard since the 360 doesn't support BluRay, they had to make several disks.

yeah, I'm probably no help at all :D

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Actually there are 4 DVDs for the game due to extensive movies.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's as close to FF game as your going to get this year ! on the 360.

But I played about 17 hours into it, and its a good RPG. A bit clunky here and there in the sense that JRPG really need to evolve more fluid dynamics - they still play like they did 10 years ago fundamentally.

But other than just the genre showing it's age at this stage, I have no problem recommending it.

I got my copy for €19.99 so a real bargain. :)