Lost Receipt

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aleco, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Aleco macrumors regular

This sucks. I lost my receipt for my iPad 2 32GB Black Verizon. I was very impatient that's why I purchased it in the first place. I never got to open it because when I got home, my mom had purchased me the model I wanted iPad 2 16GB White wifi 3G.

So now I'm stuck with this, because I have no receipt and I payed in full cash. I put it on Craigslist, nobody is interested. I don't want to deal with all the hassle that eBay has too. I'm selling it base price with CA tax, I'm not trying to make any profit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If it is unopened and you bought it from Apple they should have the receipt on file from the serial number and will probably return it for you. They have charge you like 15% or something but that's better than nothing.

3. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Yeah, wherever you bought it from will let you return it if you have the credit card you used (it'll be more tough if you paid cash)

4. Aleco thread starter macrumors regular

Ehh 10%-15% I can work with that but the real kicker is I bought it from a Target, and I payed in cash.

5. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Oh ya I don't know if Target takes your serial number or anything while purchasing. If it is nearby why don't you just go try to return it or call them.

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Target can look up receipts. The fact that you paid in cash will be a little tricky, but the serial number may help. And Target has a 90 day return policy

7. Aleco thread starter macrumors regular

I called 3 different Targets, they all said the same thing.

"We are not able to return the item without a receipt, especially if it's over $70." I don't shop at Target much, I really don't like their stores.

I'm guessing that's all there is to do?

Edit:

Maybe I should just go to the store instead of calling. I'll visit one in the morning see what they say.

Thanks guys!

8. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Another idea is go to an Apple store in the morning and try to sell it to people in line. I don't know where your from but the Apple store here in Utah still has lines every morning.

9. nStyle macrumors 6502a

Wow what a BS response. One would think it would be easier for them to distinguish receipts that are over $70.

10. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

The back of a Target receipt reads, "Ask about receipt lookup."

11. berrylicious macrumors newbie

My brother bought me the first gen Ipad for x-mas from Target. I wanted to wait for the Ipad 2 so I returned it without a receipt. They looked it up by the serial # and ended up giving me a Target gift card for the amount of the Ipad. They never gave me a problem abouit not having a receipt.

12. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Shoot customers that ordered their Ipads through the military store AAFES are being told to wait until June!! And there are 5000 of them. I think you will have ANY problem at all finding someone to pay full price for it. None at all.