Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Well good luck and let us know how it went. Looks like you may want to talk to the manager at the Apple store to get this escalated. Looks like reading the link posted above, the OP of that thread did manage to get a refund. It's worth trying. And if they don't budge, then you can just sell the 6 Plus for a profit and get a 6 instead.

Plus, you mentioned they never said anything about the replacement being not returnable when you did get it replaced. So I'm pretty sure you can make a valid point that you were never told about this. For me, they told me about it so that is why i decided not to replace the unit. I might have to keep checking the store for the 6 Plus availability and if they do have it available I will just go with the return/exchange route instead.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Well good luck and let us know how it went. Looks like you may want to talk to the manager at the Apple store to get this escalated. Looks like reading the link posted above, the OP of that thread did manage to get a refund. It's worth trying. And if they don't budge, then you can just sell the 6 Plus for a profit and get a 6 instead.

Plus, you mentioned they never said anything about the replacement being not returnable when you did get it replaced. So I'm pretty sure you can make a valid point that you were never told about this. For me, they told me about it so that is why i decided not to replace the unit. I might have to keep checking the store for the 6 Plus availability and if they do have it available I will just go with the return/exchange route instead.
Got it. The guy said they normally don't do this but they wouldn't follow that policy and exchanged it.

Very nice and happy I got the 6. I'm sure I'll miss the battery life, but in glad I made the switch.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Got it. The guy said they normally don't do this but they wouldn't follow that policy and exchanged it.

Very nice and happy I got the 6. I'm sure I'll miss the battery life, but in glad I made the switch.

Well, glad that you got it all sorted, enjoy your new 6.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
So I love my 6 Plus and the better screen and battery, but I will be returning.

The size isn't event that bad, but I'm just ok indecisive and notice I carry this phone around a lot at work due to it not being the easiest to place in my pocket.

My main concern, how does text on the 6 compare?

After comparing the Plus to my 5 I think the 5 looks terrible, I'm hoping I don't think the same thing once I get the 6. The PPI on the Plus is amazing, hope I haven't already gotten used to it.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Keep the plus, you will not like the minus as much. Maybe change your type of shirts or wear cargos. Learning to adapt to something new always takes time.

However if you want to switch the minus is still a good phone.

Please tell me you're not serious. Also, did not mean to offend you if you we're. : political correctness::

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Switching from a 6+ to a 6 myself, it's a great phone but too large for my needs, thus, a 6. I would keep it but I didn't have a good use for it when on my bicycle, and it was more so carrying it around when not being used that got in the way. When the 6+ screen is lit and running, that's when you don't care about the size. But when you have work laptop, tablet, phone AND the 6+... It's a bit much.

I have a 6 and the first thing I noticed was size in the pocket and it's still not comfotable in the pocket. I'm not returning it but it probably won't be comfotable in my pocket.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I had a 6 Plus and took it back yesterday and exchanged for a 6. Don't get me wrong, I loved the plus with its big screen but portability was difficult and every time I pulled it out of my pocket I felt as if I was going to drop it. The footprint is just too large and I certainky knew it when I made a 20 minute phone call because my hand was aching afterwards. It's too wide and too long.
The 6 is great but it doesn't feel like much of an upgrade from the 5s until you put the 6 next to a 5s and then realise that it is significantly bigger. The footprint on the 6 is great and very manageable.
I don't regret my decision one bit and I am very happy with the 6. Once Apple can reduce the size of the 5.5" to a size that is more manageable then I shall return to a bigger phone.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I had a 6 Plus and took it back yesterday and exchanged for a 6. Don't get me wrong, I loved the plus with its big screen but portability was difficult and every time I pulled it out of my pocket I felt as if I was going to drop it. The footprint is just too large and I certainky knew it when I made a 20 minute phone call because my hand was aching afterwards. It's too wide and too long.
The 6 is great but it doesn't feel like much of an upgrade from the 5s until you put the 6 next to a 5s and then realise that it is significantly bigger. The footprint on the 6 is great and very manageable.
I don't regret my decision one bit and I am very happy with the 6. Once Apple can reduce the size of the 5.5" to a size that is more manageable then I shall return to a bigger phone.
this x50

im in the same situation as u

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2005
this x50

im in the same situation as u

I'm just kind of laughing at all these people who returned their plus when you could've sold it for hundreds of dollars more then what you bought it for and then bought your 6 and probably have gotten it for free with all the money you would've made from selling the plus. *shakes head*

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I'm just kind of laughing at all these people who returned their plus when you could've sold it for hundreds of dollars more then what you bought it for and then bought your 6 and probably have gotten it for free with all the money you would've made from selling the plus. *shakes head*

Agreed which is why mine is up on ebay right now :)

Ggvfvgbffbf

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Manchester, England
Just going back to the original question by the OP. I returned my plus for a 6. I'm not just saying this but I couldn't see any difference whatsoever between the 326ppi and the 401ppi. Both screens are fabulous, and i just can't see how you'd notice any difference in real world use. Under a microscope yes, but in normal use? -not to my eyes.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Just going back to the original question by the OP. I returned my plus for a 6. I'm not just saying this but I couldn't see any difference whatsoever between the 326ppi and the 401ppi. Both screens are fabulous, and i just can't see how you'd notice any difference in real world use. Under a microscope yes, but in normal use? -not to my eyes.

i couldn't either

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga

So I thought you were really excited about the 6+. All your post leading up to the release where about it, and it seemed that was the phone you were getting. I see you did get it, but what happened? I know the phone is big, but it truly does grow on you. After a couple of weeks with a big phone. You really don't even notice it anymore. Well I hope you enjoy your 6. I am just afraid I would regret the switch. My 6+ is growing on my more and more everyday.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Without question Apple will change the dimensions of the plus next year. The length is absurd. Village idiot of phones and phablets.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
I take it you don't carry a tablet device or paper notebook to write stuff down at work.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
So I thought you were really excited about the 6+. All your post leading up to the release where about it, and it seemed that was the phone you were getting. I see you did get it, but what happened? I know the phone is big, but it truly does grow on you. After a couple of weeks with a big phone. You really don't even notice it anymore. Well I hope you enjoy your 6. I am just afraid I would regret the switch. My 6+ is growing on my more and more everyday.

Same here. I am enjoying the 6 Plus. I even thought of getting the iPhone 6 and test it for myself but after using the 6 Plus, I can never go back to a smaller screen. And yes even 4.7" screen is small in my eyes.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Same here. I am enjoying the 6 Plus. I even thought of getting the iPhone 6 and test it for myself but after using the 6 Plus, I can never go back to a smaller screen. And yes even 4.7" screen is small in my eyes.

Agreed. Now that I have plus there is no going back.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Seriously.

Did someone actually suggest changing your wardrobe so you can use an Apple phone.

There are no words..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.