iPad Love my leather Smart Case!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gdourado, Nov 8, 2013.

1. gdourado macrumors 6502

gdourado

Got mine. Love it! It fits great and handles great.
    Also, the size and weight is noticiable smaller and lighter than my iPad 4 with smart case.
    The leather material feels great in hand. The fit and finish is good. No rough edges or anything like that.

Here are some pictures of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next to my iPad 4:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With my 5s with leather case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Excellent! Great pics! I too love my smart case and have both matching cases in yellow. I was actually thinking of taking photos both my iPad and iPhone in the leather cases as well, but looks like you beat me to it :D

3. Donoghan macrumors regular

Donoghan

I bought the brown one yesterday to go with my brown iPhone case. So far I really like it!

4. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I love my case too and have the same colour. The blue is really nice and so far, no marks or discolouring. I have the brown case on my 5s and thats holding up well too

5. gdourado thread starter macrumors 6502

gdourado

My iPhone 5s case is starting to show a little use on one corner. I will clean it over the weekend with leather cleaner made for car leather seats.

6. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

What is this back cover that you have on your iPad 4 ? Looks interesting, which one is it ?

7. gdourado thread starter macrumors 6502

gdourado

It's the puliurethane iPad 4 smart case.

8. mirz2000 macrumors regular

I love your leather smart case too! :p It looks like the new smart cases have definitely been improved from the last incarnation.

9. iono11200 macrumors member

Looks real nice, and thanks for the pics. My 2 new iPad air's arrived on Wednesday. We are very happy with them. We had the iPad smart cases on out iPad 3 and 4, but I am having a real hard time justifying the $79 price tag, especially since I need 2 of them. Comments yay or nay will be appreciated.

10. gtmac macrumors 6502a

Wow guess I'm the odd man out. I really don't like the leather smart case. I felt the fit was poor for the cover and it added a lot of bulk to the air. I also didn't like the raised edges around the bezel.

I changed to the black Smart Cover and love it.

I will say Apple has been awesome with their customer service.

11. kdoug, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Love mine also! I've already thrown my $5 Amazon case in the trash.

Attached Files:

12. iono11200 macrumors member

Well, after 2 weeks of use we decided that our ipads should have cases. We ordered a blue and a black. Black one is shipping from China but we did receive the blue one today. Still not sure if I can say its worth $79 but it can be returned till 1/7/2014, so if/when Apple does a Black Friday sale, I should be able to just do a price match. All that being said my initial impression is that man this thing is nice. Perfect fit, everything lines up perfectly and its a breeze to install. To me anyway, it's much more comfortable to use now. Not slippery or cold to the touch when you first pick it up. So far, I like it a lot. Time will tell how it holds up.

13. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

My black smart case for the mini was slightly loose on the left side near the hinge. It pulled away from the side when I put the cover behind the case. I am going to give it another shot as I don't like using just the Smart Cover.

14. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

When I go down to my nearest Apple Store to exchange my rMini for a new one I'm considering going to get one of these babies. Looks really nice.

15. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I totally agree!
    Fit and finish is second to none.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I'd normally never even consider a $70 case. I just got a $50 Visa gift card though and I'm sort of considering picking one up for my retina mini.

These look pretty nice. And the feel of leather might be a welcome change to all the plastic out there.

17. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I have to admit the new leather smart cases are best of breed accessories. They are worth every cent.

18. gdourado thread starter macrumors 6502

gdourado

Thanks for also sharing your thoughts.
    Anyone already cleaned their cases? What's your process? Any special leather products?

Cheers!

19. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I used Lexol on my black case. Rub it on/in with fingers and clean off residue. It'll look streaky at first but use your fingers for uniformity.

20. acosmichippo macrumors regular

I'm not so crazy about mine. The back I like. Fits very well, and feels nice in your hand. It's the cover I don't like so much. Feels cheap and thin, and doesn't even sit flush with the screen when closed.

[​IMG]

It's been like that since I got it, and I have not done anything out of the ordinary to exacerbate it. Maybe it's a defect with mine in particular, I don't know. I'm also not crazy about the look of the brown leather. I thought it would look much more natural than it does. As it is, it just looks orange. Maybe it'll look better with age, but I'm not that patient. I feel like an $80 case ought to be perfect in every aspect, and I'm just not that happy with it. So I'll be returning it and going with something else.

21. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

My brown one was a little like that. My black one that I purchased a couple of days ago is almost perfect with no gap.
    Every aftermarket case that I've purchase thus far has been crap.

22. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

23. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Says the troll.

24. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I got one, no gap, good fit, but the leather has stress marks front and back, felt too heavy compared to just a smart cover, magnet on back not as good, for $99 USD no way, seems cheap to me. Sent back. Like their iPhone leather case though.

25. meistervu macrumors 65816